2015 PESGB MSc Scholarships, Petroleum Exploration Society of Great Britain (PESGB) awards MSc scholarships in petroleum geoscience related fields at a recognised UK university. Scholarships are available for a British or EU Citizen. Student must be a member or have applied for membership of the PESGB. The award will be made to an individual rather than general support to an MSc course. The awardee will be assigned a mentor by the PESGB. The last date of submission of application deadline is 31st May 2015.
Participating Institute: Petroleum Exploration Society of Great Britain (PESGB) in UK.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded in petroleum geoscience related fields.
Degree Level: Scholarships are available to pursue MSc/MRes programmes at a recognised UK university.
Eligibility: To be eligible you must,
- Be a member or have applied for membership of the PESGB
- Fully complete the following form. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
- Be a British or EU Citizen
- Not have accepted any other bursary or grant for the course
Eligible Nationalities: Scholarships are available for a British or EU Citizen (Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Republic of Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and the UK).
What does it cover: Students may be eligible for may be eligible for a partial or full bursary from the PESGB. The PESGB does not provide any funding direct to students to cover subsistence costs. All payments are made direct to the university, not to you. The award will be made to an individual rather than general support to an MSc course. The awardee will be assigned a mentor by the PESGB. This is not intended to replace the supervision provided by the university but rather supplement such supervision by giving the student direct access to an experienced petroleum industry professional.
Notification: Both successful and unsuccessful applications will be notified by 17thth July 2015.
Application Procedure: The 2015 application process is now Live. Please download the form and fill it out, then return it via email or post to the PESGB office. If returning the form by email, please save it as a pdf first. Then return to Benk-at-pesgb.org.uk, for the attention of Ben King. Attach two formal references to support your application, suggestions:
- one from a previous course tutor/department head
- one from the current/prospective course tutor/department head
- any supporting document(s) that will aid your application (e.g. offer letter from University)
- character references are acceptable from someone professional who knows you well
- professional references are especially welcome, e.g. from a supervisor in a part-time job you have undertaken.
Deadline: The last date of submission of application deadline is 31st May 2015.
Further Official Scholarship Information and Application