2015 UNESCO Scholarships for SAARC Countries students, The UNESCO Madanjeet Centre for South Asia Forestry Studies (UMCSAFS) at Ugyen Wangchuck Institute for Conservation and Environment (UWICE) is offering Madanjeet Singh scholarships for students SAARC countries. Candidate should be below 35 years of age and need to submit the birth certificate along with other relevant documents. Scholarships are available for pursuing four year (from July 2015 to July 2019) bachelor’s degree program in Forestry at College of Natural Resources (CNR), Royal University of Bhutan (RUB). The last date of submission of application is 15th June, 2015.
Participating Institute: Royal University of Bhutan & College of Natural Resources, South Asia Foundation in Bhutan is providing these Scholarships.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded in the field of forestry.
Degree Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing bachelors degree program at College of Natural Resources (CNR), Royal University of Bhutan (RUB).
Eligibility: Candidate should:
- Be class XII pass with minimum of 55% in English and overall aggregate of 60% (English, Biology and two other subjects)
- Be fluent in English (both in written and speaking)
- Produce English Language Proficiency Certificate from recognized/competent institutions
- Be below 35 years of age and need to submit the birth certificate along with other relevant documents.
Eligible Nationalities: Candidates from eight SAARC countries (India, Bhutan, Bangladesh, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Maldives, Pakistan and Afghanistan) can apply for these UNESCO scholarships.
What does it cover: The scholarship will cover:
- Tuition fees
- Economy air travel from the scholar’s place of residence within SAARC to Bhutan and back (initial and final)
- Monthly stipend of Nu. 12000.00 based on existing SAARC scholarship rate to cover logistics and personal expenses
- Normal book allowance and printing allowances (Nu. 5000.00 per year)
- Establishment allowance of Nu. 16,000.00 and will be entitled only ones in the entire course.
- Research for dissertation write-up
- In-country travel as per Royal Government of Bhutan’s existing rate (Nu. 500.00 per day while on travel)
Selection Criteria: South Asia Foundation (SAF) office in aforementioned countries shall select one candidate each based on the eligibility criteria mention herein. The name of the selected candidates from each SAARC country should reach to the office of the Program Director, Madanjeet Center for South Asia Forestry Studies, Lamai Goenpa, latest by 15th June, 2015 through SAF offices in respective country for further scrutiny and acceptance into scholarship program at College of Natural Resources. Should the documents be preferred to be sent via e-mail. Based on the final assessment, candidate may or may not be accepted into the program if SAF offices of the SAARC countries have failed to follow the set eligibility criteria.
Notification: Candidates shall be informed on the selection results via e-mail or phone calls by 24th June, 2015. Accepted students shall be informed on legal and travel documents required
Application Procedure: All candidates applying for UMCSAFS scholarship program should submit the following documents to the SAF offices of the respective SAARC countries.
- Class XII Certificate
- Class XII Transcript/Marksheet
- English Language Proficiency Certificat
- A copy of Citizenship ID card and valid passport
- Security clearance certificate from respective countries
- Medical fitness certificate from competent government hospital of respective countries
- Birth Certificate
- Contact: e-mail address and mobile phone numbers of the candidate
A copy of documents for the selected candidates should be sent to office of SAF Bhutan for final assessment and acceptance into the program. All the accepted candidates should produce original documents at the time of admission at College of Natural Resources, Lobesa, Bhutan
Deadline: The last date of submission of application is 15th June, 2015.
Further Official Scholarship Information and Application