2015 USA Asian Women In Business Scholarship Fund
The Asian Women In Business Scholarship encourages and promotes exceptional Asian female students who have demonstrated scholarship, leadership, community service and/ or entrepreneurship. The AWIB Scholarship Fund awards scholarships to students who have the attributes to be our next generation of leaders.
Scholarships are available for leadership, community service and/ or entrepreneurship studies.
Scholarships are available for Undergraduate degree level.
- Candidates for the scholarship must be female of Asian (includes those who can trace their ancestry from Bangladesh, Bhutan, Cambodia, China, India, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Laos, Malaysia, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, Philippines, Pakistan, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Thailand, and Vietnam) or Pacific Islander ancestry and a U.S. citizen or permanent resident. The definition of Asian follows that provided by the U.S. Census.
- Candidates must also fulfill the following criteria to be considered:
- Have at least one or more of the following:
- Demonstrated a leadership role in a community endeavor and/or
- A record of entrepreneurial achievement
- Enrolled full-time in an accredited four-year undergraduate institution in the U.S. at the time of application and award. Please be advised that this scholarship is for currently enrolled undergraduates who have completed at least one semester.
- Carry a minimum of 3.0 (out of 4.0) GPA at the time of application (H.S. credit/grades do not count towards this scholarship)
- Provide the most recent college transcript; semi-finalists will be required to provide their official college transcript
- Provide a minimum of one professional recommendation
- Fully complete and sign the AWIB Scholarship Application
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Additional $2,500 (for a total of $5,000) may be awarded to applicants that have fulfilled the leadership requirements and can also demonstrate financial need. To be eligible, you must submit a copy of the most current FAFSA form and if applicable, the Financial Aid Award Notice from your institution for the 2015-2016 academic year. However, please be advised that AWIB has limited funding for this scholarship and may not be able to award the additional amount or may limit this award to one recipient.
$2,500 (for a total of $5,000) may be awarded to applicants
The mode of application is online.
Application Deadline: 01 Oct 2015
Please Click Here to visit the official website of organization.
Read more: Study in USA