AFE Paul Ecke Jr. Floriculture MS/PhD Scholarship in USA 2015
American Floral Endowment is awarding a graduate scholarship of $5,000 for two consecutive years. This merit-based, prestigious scholarship is available to all U.S. citizens, permanent residents and qualified international students. Applicants must be in the process of successfully completing either a B.S. or M.S. degree in horticulture or a related field at a U.S. land-grant university and must have the intention of pursuing an M.S. or PhD degree on a full-time basis. The application deadline is February 1, 2015.
- Scholarship is awarded in the field of floriculture.
- Scholarship is available for pursuing graduate studies (MS or PhD).
- American Floral Endowment (AFE) is providing this Scholarship.
Eligibility: All U.S. citizens, permanent residents and qualified international students are eligible to apply. The applicant must be in the process of successfully completing either a bachelor’s or master’s degree in horticulture or a related field, e.g., agricultural engineering, entomology, agricultural marketing and economics, plant pathology, etc. at a U.S. Land-Grant University, e.g., Cornell, Michigan State University, NC State University, The Ohio State University, Texas A & M University, UC Davis, University of Florida, etc. Applicants must have the intention of pursuing a MS or Ph.D. degree on a full-time basis in a selected floricultural area and under the direction of a world-renowned floriculture scientist.
- US citizens, permanent residents and international students are eligible to apply.
- The scholarship honors the late Paul Ecke Jr. of Encinitas, Calif., who made significant contributions to the floriculture industry and believed strongly in research and education. Ecke was concerned about the future of floriculture and recognized that innovative researchers and educators are necessary for the continued success of the industry.
- Although two students were awarded Ecke scholarships in 2014, generally one student will receive the award of $5,000 for two consecutive years.
- The award will be offered for two consecutive years.
- Providing the graduate student meets and/or makes satisfactory academic progress, the applicant will receive an annual stipend of $5,000 per academic year for two years, totaling $10,000.
- This is a merit-based scholarship. The AFE Education Committee will review all applicants and when necessary will conduct personal interviews with applicants prior to finalizing the selection of a scholarship recipient.
- Applicant must submit application, cover letter and all other required information by post or e-mail. In addition to the application, the following documents must be submitted directly to AFE by the February 1 deadline:
- – A Personal Statement
– Letters of Recommendation
- The application deadline is February 1, 2015.
Further Official Scholarship Information and Application
Share this Scholarship for others