IIE-SRF Fellowship 2024 | Fully Funded
IIE-SRF Fellowship Overview
Are you aspiring to pursue advanced studies overseas? Exciting news awaits – the IIE-SRF Fellowship, a gateway to exceptional opportunities, is now open for applications. In this comprehensive guide, we will delve into the details of the esteemed IIE-SRF Fellowship, outlining its remarkable benefits and providing a step-by-step walkthrough of the application process.
Introducing the IIE-SRF Fellowship 2024-2025
The IIE-SRF Fellowship for the academic year 2024-2025 is an illustrious fully funded scholarship tailored for international students, specifically targeting those engaged in doctoral research studies. This distinguished program covers a comprehensive range of benefits, including a generous grant of up to US$25,000, supplemented by individual health insurance. Furthermore, this fellowship facilitates a visiting academic appointment lasting up to one year, fostering an environment conducive to scholarly exploration and growth.
The Baden-Württemberg Fund
The IIE-SRF Fellowship extends its support through the Baden-Württemberg Fund, which champions visiting research appointments at prestigious universities and higher education institutions in the German state of Baden-Württemberg. This initiative offers a platform for researchers to continue their impactful work in the realms of liberty and security. Eligible candidates encompass teachers, senior scientists, and government intellectuals hailing from diverse nations and academic fields. This initiative provides a refuge for individuals who face immediate and targeted threats to their careers and lives, either in their home countries or countries of permanent residence.
In 2002, the dedicated trustees of the Institute of International Education established the IIE Scholar Rescue Fund (IIE-SRF), emphasizing their unwavering dedication to supporting endangered researchers and students. This commitment to safeguarding intellectual freedom and academic pursuits dates back to IIE’s inception in 1919. From historical turning points like the Bolshevik Revolution to the Hungarian Uprising, IIE has consistently demonstrated its mission to uphold the right to intellectual autonomy and the pursuit of knowledge.
Key Details of the IIE-SRF Fellowship:
- Study Level: PhD (Doctoral)
- Offered by: IIE-SRF
- Study Locations: Host Partners Worldwide
- Applicable Courses: Open to applicants from all disciplines
- Program Duration: One to Two Years
- Application Deadline: Year-round (Open)
The IIE-SRF Fellowship extends a comprehensive range of benefits to its recipients, including:
- A substantial grant of up to US$25,000
- Comprehensive individual health insurance coverage
- A visiting academic appointment for up to one year, renewable for a second year
The precise fellowship amount is contingent upon various factors, such as the host institution’s location, the cost of living, and any additional contributions from the host institution or other sources.
Eligibility Criteria for IIE-SRF Fellowship
To be eligible for the IIE-SRF Fellowship, candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Proficiency in English
- Open to applicants from all countries worldwide
- Scholars, senior researchers, and public intellectuals from diverse academic fields are eligible
- Selection based on academic qualifications, the quality of the applicant’s work, and the severity of the threats faced
Navigating the application process for the IIE-SRF Fellowship is straightforward. Follow these steps to avail the opportunity:
- Application Submission: Candidates have the option to apply directly or through a third party. Essential application materials include:
- Application coversheet
- Academic statement highlighting academic and professional background
- Current CV or resume
- Personal statement outlining the reasons for applying to IIE-SRF
- Two (2) academic/professional letters of reference
- Two (2) personal letters of reference addressing challenges faced and professional background
- Copy of Ph.D. or higher degree
- Samples of recent writing or research publications
- Letter from a potential host institution (optional)
- Submission Method: Application materials can be submitted via email (preferred), fax, or post.
- Address for Letters: Send letters to: Scholar Rescue Fund Institute of International Education 809 United Nations Plaza New York, New York 10017-3580 USA
Embark on your academic odyssey with the IIE-SRF Fellowship and contribute to a world enriched by knowledge, collaboration, and resilience. Seize the opportunity to be part of a legacy that champions intellectual freedom and academic pursuit on a global scale.
For more Scholarships in Australia:
For Scholarships in Canada: