Museums Victoria PhD Research Scholarship
Monash University – Museums Victoria PhD Research Scholarship Overview
Envision a captivating journey into the world of academia in Australia. Here’s your chance! The Monash University – Museums Victoria PhD Research Scholarship awaits international students across the globe, beckoning them to delve into cutting-edge PhD research studies at Monash University, Australia, for the academic year 2024-2025. Let’s embark on a comprehensive exploration of this incredible opportunity, highlighting the scholarship’s allure, its transformative benefits, and a step-by-step guide to smoothly navigate the application process.
Prepare to take your academic aspirations to new heights with the Monash University – Museums Victoria PhD Research Scholarship. This distinguished scholarship is designed to embrace talented international students seeking to pursue their PhD research studies at Monash University, Australia. And that’s not all – as a recipient of this scholarship, you’ll receive an annual stipend of $5,000, providing crucial financial support to fuel your educational journey.
The Robert Blackwood Partnership
The Monash University – Museums Victoria PhD Research Scholarship is a product of the innovative Robert Blackwood Partnership. This collaborative initiative between Monash University and Museums Victoria seeks to nurture fresh research ideas and initiatives that lead to impactful collaborations and substantial external funding. The partnership is a testament to the power of uniting academia and real-world exploration for meaningful change.
Humanities and Social Sciences, STEM Disciplines
This scholarship opportunity paves two distinct pathways for excellence, catering to diverse interests:
- Humanities and Social Sciences (HASS) Disciplines
- Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) Disciplines
Monash University stands as a prestigious public research institution located in Melbourne, Australia. Founded in 1958 and named after the esteemed World War I general, Sir John Monash, the university has earned its reputation as the second oldest university in Victoria. Boasting multiple campuses within Victoria and beyond, including Malaysia, Italy, India, and China, Monash University is a beacon of international education.
- Study Level: PhD
- Institution: Monash University
- Study Location: Australia
- Opportunity Focus Areas: Humanities and Social Sciences (HASS) Disciplines, Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) Disciplines
- Program Period: 3-4 years (full time)
- Number of Scholarships: 2
- Application Deadline: October 31, 2023 / May 1, 2024
The Monash University – Museums Victoria PhD Research Scholarship presents you with:
- An annual stipend of $5,000, ensuring financial support throughout your academic journey.
Qualifications and Criteria
To seize the Monash University – Museums Victoria PhD Research Scholarship, you must meet the following conditions:
- Meet Monash University’s English language proficiency requirements
- Be an international student
- Enroll full-time as a PhD student at a Monash campus in Australia, specifically in Research Quarter 1 (in the following year)
- Engage in projects co-supervised by Monash and Museums Victoria or projects focused on aspects of Museums Victoria’s collection
- Be within the first two years of your candidature and fulfill course requirements promptly
- Hold a relevant bachelor’s degree with a research component leading to an honors 1 or 2A, or its equivalent
- Possess qualifications assessed by GRC as equivalent
- Showcase exceptional academic record, research output, and prior research experience
- Have not previously held an Australian Government or Monash-funded Postgraduate Research Award for more than six months
Retaining the Monash University – Museums Victoria PhD Research Scholarship involves:
- Adhering to Monash University’s RTP Scholarship policy and procedures
- Active participation in activities showcasing the Robert Blackwood Partnership, including research seminars and promotional events
- Submission of a report on the collaboration with Museums-Victoria following thesis submission
Embark on your application journey with these steps:
- Engage with a relevant Museums Victoria curator to discuss your project.
- Obtain a letter of support from Museums Victoria and a recommendation (maximum 1 A4 page) from your proposed or current supervisors regarding the project’s relevance and quality.
- Apply for the scholarship via the provided link.
Prepare the following documents to strengthen your application:
- Academic curriculum vitae
- Official academic transcripts, degree certificate, or testamur from the awarding institution, including a grading schema explanation
- Proof of citizenship
- Proof of meeting the English language proficiency requirements
- Invitation to Apply
- Research proposal
For Further Assistance
Should you need guidance or further information regarding the Museums Victoria PhD Research Scholarship, don’t hesitate to reach out to Mr. Timothy Stranks at Museums Victoria via email ([email protected]).
The Monash University – Museums Victoria PhD Research Scholarship 2024-2025 awaits those who dare to dream, innovate, and excel. Take the plunge into a realm of transformative research, impactful collaborations, and a journey that promises to shape your academic legacy. For comprehensive application details and to embark on your pursuit of excellence. Your future of discovery begins now.
For more Scholarships in Australia:
For Scholarships in Canada: