Beijing Government Scholarship
Beijing Government Scholarship Overview
Begin your educational journey in Beijing, China. happy news There are open Beijing Government Scholarships. We will go into great detail regarding this scholarship in this article, along with its advantages and step-by-step instructions for applying.
For international students, the Beijing Government award 2024–2025 is a fully financed award. The Beijing Municipal Education Commission has provided the scholarship with an initial funding of 35 million yuan (about $5 million). The scholarship is divided into three categories, with the highest awarding each student 40,000 yuan (US $5,700).
The first of its kind to be provided by a local government in China, the Beijing Municipal Government has established a scholarship fund for foreign students and scholars in Beijing. Although the government is providing the scholarship, people, businesses, and organizations are invited to contribute in the future.
The Beijing Government Scholarship seeks to increase the number of overseas students who attend Beijing universities in order to further the globalization of Beijing’s higher education system.Level of Study
- Beijing Universities
Choose from a diverse range of academic disciplines, including:
The Beijing Government Scholarship application period runs from February to June each year.Scholarship Duration
The duration of the Beijing Government Scholarship varies based on your academic pursuit:
- Bachelor’s, Master’s, and Doctoral Degree Applicants: Scholarships are awarded for a period of up to 4 years.
- Chinese Language Training or Relevant Advanced Studies: Scholarships are available for up to one year.
- Scholars and International Students for Specialized Training: Scholarships are granted for up to one year.
- Exchange Students or Outstanding Contributors to International Education: Scholarships are also available for up to one year.
While the Beijing Municipal Government Scholarship for International Students covers tuition fees, the allowance for scholarship students varies based on their academic level:
- Doctoral Degree: 40,000 RMB/year
- Master’s Degree: 30,000 RMB/year
- Bachelor’s Degree: 20,000 RMB/year
- Senior Training or Long-term Language Program: 10,000 RMB/year
- Exchange Students or Outstanding Contributors to International Education: 5,000 RMB/year
To qualify for this prestigious scholarship, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Language Proficiency: Proficiency in the required language, as determined by the academic program and the higher learning institution.
- Eligible Countries: Open to applicants from all countries, except Chinese citizens.
- Good Health: Applicants must be in good health.
- Age Requirements:
- Undergraduate Studies: Under the age of 30.
- Master’s Degree Studies: Under the age of 35.
- Doctoral Degree Studies: Under the age of 40.
- Advanced Studies: Under the age of 50 or in the second year of a university course.
- Long-term Language Study: Under the age of 60.
- Visiting Scholars: Under the age of 50, with a master’s degree or higher and academic titles of associate professor or higher.
- Meeting Entry Requirements: Applicants must meet the entry requirements of their chosen university and program.
- No Concurrent Chinese Government Scholarships: Applicants should not be recipients of other Chinese government scholarships concurrently.
Follow these step-by-step instructions to apply for the Beijing Government Scholarship:
- Select a university offering the Beijing Government Scholarship from the provided list.
- Visit the university’s website in Beijing, locate the “International Students” section, and find the “Scholarships” tab.
- In the “Scholarships” section, look for the Beijing Municipal Government Scholarship. Here, you will find detailed application procedures, forms, and required documents.
Prepare the following documents for your application:
- Application Form for Beijing Municipal Government Scholarship (available for download on the school’s website or from institutions in Beijing).
- Notarized photocopies of your highest diploma and transcript.
- Photocopy of the Foreigner Physical Examination Form (required for periods of study in China exceeding six months).
- Study plan (up to 400 words) or research plan (up to 800 words) for degree and specialized research applicants.
- Personal works (for music and fine arts applicants).
- Legal documents of legal guardians in China (for applicants under 18).
Submit your documents to the Chinese government office responsible for sending international students to China, relevant offices in your home country, or Chinese diplomatic missions or embassies in your home country. Alternatively, you may also submit your documents directly to Chinese institutions in Beijing.
Seize this opportunity to further your education and experience the vibrant culture of Beijing. Apply for the Beijing Government Scholarship today!
For More Scholarships in UK:
For Scholarships in Australia: