Bill Sanderson Aviation Maintenance Technician International Scholarships in USA 2015
Helicopter Foundation International offers Bill Sanderson Aviation Maintenance Technician Graduate Scholarships in USA. Up to eight scholarships are offered. International Students can apply for these scholarships. Scholarships are provided in the field of Aviation Maintenance Technician. Applicants should be about to graduate from an FAA approved Part 147 AMT School, or a recent recipient of an Airframe and Power plant (A&P) Certificate. This program was founded by Helicopters Association International’s (HAI) Technical Committee to promote the choice of helicopter maintenance as a career. The application deadline is November 30, 2014.
- Scholarships are provided in the field of Helicopter Maintenance. Winners will have a choice of one of the given courses made available by the helicopter airframe and engine manufacturers; Agusta Aerospace Corporation (A109 series), Bell Helicopter Textron, Inc. (any model), Euro-copter (all current models, except Super Puma series), Honeywell AB139 Primus Epic Avionics class or LTS101 engine training course, MD Helicopters (500/600/900 series), Rolls Royce (250 engine – any model), Turbomeca (Arriel 1 & 2 series and Arrius 2 series engines) and Pratt & Whitney Canada, Inc. (PT6T, PT6B- 36/-37 or PW-206 engines)
- International scholarships are available for pursuing training in helicopter maintenance.
- Helicopter Foundation International (HFI) is providing these scholarships.
- Helicopter Foundation International (HFI) is pleased to announce the 2015 Bill Sanderson Aviation Maintenance Technician (AMT) Scholarship Award Program. This program was founded by the Helicopter association International’s (HAI) Technical Committee to promote the choice of helicopter maintenance as a career.
- Up to eight international scholarships will be offered.
- Total offer with a value not to exceed $1,600 may be awarded. The first place winner will be awarded $1,600 from HAI to assist with expenses. Those finishing in second, third, fourth, and fifth place will receive $1,150, $850, $750, and $650; sixth, seventh, and eighth place winners will receive $500 for travel assistance and expenses. All winners receive a three-year membership to HAI and free admission to HAI HELI-EXPO 2015 to be held in Orlando, Florida, March 2-5, 2015.
- Please complete fully the 2015 Bill Sanderson Maintenance Technician Scholarship Application form. Parts A, B, C & D are to be completed by the applicant. Part E is to be completed by employers, professionals, community organizations etc. Part F is to be completed by the AMT program director, administrator, instructor or work supervisor. Applications can be completed electronically or printed and typed/hand written. Additional pages requested must be supplied. Completed applications can be mailed, faxed or emailed at education-at-rotor.org.
Eligibility: Applicants should be about to graduate from an FAA approved Part 147 AMT School, or a recent recipient (within the last three years) of an Airframe and Powerplant (A&P) Certificate. All FAA written and practical exams must be successfully completed prior to attending the chosen school (not necessarily prior to applying for the scholarship). International applicants should have their respective tests completed.
- International Students can apply for these scholarships.
The application deadline is November 30, 2014.