CCS Research Grant in Chinese Studies in Taiwan 2015
CCS Research Grant for Foreign scholars offers by the Center for Chinese Studies (CCS), The research should be undertaken in Taiwan, and be focused mainly on Taiwan or Chinese studies. CCS provides assistance with research expenses, research materials, liaison with universities and research institutions, and use of CCS facilities, etc. This program is aimed at foreign professors, associate professors, assistant professors (including postdoctoral researchers) and doctoral candidates in Chinese studies-related departments at foreign universities as well as researchers at related foreign academic institutes. The last date of submission of application is May 31 of each year.
Participating Institute: Following Institution(s) are participating.
The Center for Chinese Studies in Taiwan.
Study Subject: Grants are focused mainly on Taiwan or Chinese studies.
Degree Level: Grants are available for carrying out research in Taiwan.
Eligibility: This program is aimed at foreign professors, associate professors, assistant professors (including post-doctoral researchers) and doctoral candidates in Chinese studies-related departments at foreign universities, as well as researchers at related foreign academic institutes.
Eligible Nationalities: Foreign scholars are eligible to apply for this programme.
What does it cover?: CCS provides assistance with research expenses, research materials, liaison with universities and research institutions, and use of CCS facilities, etc. Subsidies available under the Research Grant Program are as follows:
1) Travel subsidy: One direct round trip economy class air ticket from the domicile of the grant recipient to Taipei will be provided by CCS. Travel expenses will be reimbursed upon arrival in Taiwan on the basis of the ticket stub and receipt.
2) Research subsidy: Paid to grant recipients at the beginning of each month and divided into four levels: professor, associate professor, assistant professor (including post-doctoral researcher), and doctoral candidate.
A direct round-trip ticket between the domicile of grant recipients and Taipei is available; monthly grants are awarded according to the following scale: Full Professor – NT$ 60,000; Associate Professor – NT$50,000; Assistant Professor – NT$40,000; Doctoral Candidate – NT?40,000. Accidental death and disability insurance of NT$1 million and medical treatment for each accident of NT$50,000 will be provided for the tenure of the grant.
Notification: Notification of CCS’s decision will be given by the end of August of the same year after a careful review.
Application Procedure: Applicants should send the following materials to CCS:
- Application form
- Curriculum vitae ?including a list of publications?
- Research Plan (No length limit, but try to strive for clarity as the Grant Selection Committee will base their award decision primarily on the research plan.)
- At least one letter of recommendation (Please have original signed copy sent directly to us.)
Deadline: The application deadline is May 31 of each year.
Further Official Scholarship Information and Application