Chancellor’s Masters Scholarships at University of Sussex in UK 2015
University of Sussex is awarding up to 100 Chancellor’s Masters Scholarships for UK/EU and international students. Applicants must hold a first-class undergraduate honours degree from a UK university and must have applied for their chosen full-time Masters course by 1 August. Scholarship has a value of £3,000 towards tuition fees. Scholarships will be awarded on the basis of previous or current academic performance and future potential. The application deadline is 1 August 2015.
- Scholarships are awarded to study any of the courses offered by the University of Sussex (excluding the Brighton and Sussex Medical School and IDS).
- Scholarships are available for pursuing masters degree program at University of Sussex in UK.
- University of Sussex, UK is providing these Scholarships.
Eligibility: In order to be considered for a Chancellor’s Masters Scholarship you must meet all of the following criteria:
-You must hold or expect to achieve a first-class undergraduate honours degree from a UK university
– You must have applied for your chosen full-time Masters course by 1 August
-You must accept and meet any conditions of your offer.
-The scholarship relates to all full-time taught Masters degree courses at the University of Sussex (e.g. MA, MSc, LLM) excluding the following courses: Postgraduate diplomas (including Common Professional Examination (CPE), Law and Economics), Masters degrees in Social Work (if receiving a bursary), Social Work post qualifying Masters degrees, PGCE courses and schools direct teaching courses, MSc Automotive Engineering, MA degrees in IDS apart from the MA Gender and Development and the MA in Climate Change and Development and Masters degrees at the Brighton and Sussex Medical School.
-University of Sussex students graduating with a first-class degree in 2015 are not eligible for this award but instead are eligible for the Sussex Graduate Scholarship.
-In addition, masters students funded by the research councils (e.g. those receiving ESRC 1+3 funding) are not eligible.
- UK/EU and International students (achieve a first-class undergraduate honours degree from a UK university) can apply for these masters scholarships.
- 100 prestigious Masters scholarships to attract the most talented students to study at Sussex. Scholarships are available for first-class students joining eligible Masters courses at the University of Sussex (excluding the Brighton and Sussex Medical School and IDS). The Scholarships are available only for the first year of postgraduate studies in the case of two year full-time Masters degrees and 1+3 courses. The university welcomes applications from students who have achieved a first-class honours degree from a UK university and who are offered a full-time place on an eligible Masters course at Sussex. This includes previous students from the University of Sussex. We also welcome applicants from final year students currently studying at UK universities, who have not yet graduated.
- There are 100 masters scholarships available.
- The Scholarships are available only for the first year of postgraduate studies in the case of two year full-time Masters degrees and 1+3 courses.
- Scholarship has a value of £3,000. There are 100 scholarships available each worth £3,000 to help towards tuition fees. Scholarships will be allocated in separate rounds during 2015 until the final scholarships are awarded in August.
- Scholarships will be awarded on the basis of previous or current academic performance and future potential.
- Each round will award a proportion of the scholarships available, with successful applicants notified after each round. If you are not successful in the initial round, but meet the eligibility criteria, you will automatically be re-considered in the following allocation, alongside any new applications. The final scholarships will be awarded in August, with all outcomes notified by Monday 8 September.
- To be considered for a scholarship you should apply online for an eligible full-time Masters course via the University’s postgraduate application system. Please note: if you are still studying for your degree, you do not need to wait for your final classification before applying. Applications will be considered on the strength of current performance and, if successful, the award of the scholarship can be made conditional upon you achieving a first-class undergraduate honours degree later in the summer.
The application deadline is 1 August 2015.
Share this scholarship for others