NOTE: Attempt FIVE questions in all, including QUESTION No.8 which is COMPULSORY. All questions carry EQUAL marks each. Answer must be concise, thoughtful and clear written.
1. The judgement in Marbury Vs Madison (1803) case by the United State’s Supreme Court empowered it as guarantor of the Constitution. Discuss.
2. The system of checks and balances in American political process is actually a corollary not contradiction of the principle of separation of powers. Elaborate.
3. The Parliament Act of 1911 as amended in 1948 made the House of Commons a dominant House of the British Parliament. Detail out.
4. Examine critically the authority conferred on the President by the French
5. Analyze the emergency powers of the Indian President.
6. Critically examine the Federal character of Pakistani Constitution.
7. Write notes on:
(a) National Security Council of Pakistan
(b) Supreme Soviet of USSR
(c) Soviet President
(d) Democratic Centralism in USSR
8 Write only the correct answer in the Answer Book. Do not reproduce the question.
(1) The voting age in U.S. is:
(a) 18 years (b) 19 years
(c) 20 years (d) None of these
(2) The number of members of Electoral College in USA is:
(a) 537 (b) 538 (c) 539 (d) None of these
(3) There is in US:
(a) Uni Party System
(b) Biparty System
(c) Multiparty System
(d) None of-these
(4) The membership in Electoral College of Washington DC stands at:
(a) .One (b) Two (c) Three (d) None of these
(5) The US Constitution has been amended: (a) 24 times (b) 25 times
(c) 26 times (d) None of these
(6) The Magna Carta was signed by the British King in:
(b) ” 1216 (c) 1217 (d) None of these
(7) The Glorious Revolution in U.K. took place in:
(a) 1688 (b) 1689 (c) 1690 (d) None of these
(8) The Parliamentary Elections continued the demise of Liberal Party in:
(a) 1922 (b) 1923 (c) 1924 ” (d) None of these
(9) The right to voting in U.K. was extended to women in:
(a) 1928 (b) 1929 (c) 1930 (d) None of these
(10) The quorum for conducting business in the House of Lords in U.K. is:
(a) 3 (b) 4 (c) 5 (d) None of these
(11) Pakistan became a Republic in:
(a) 1955 (b) 1956 ,
(c) 1957 (d) None of these
(12) The National Assembly of Pakistan consists of: (a) 340 (b) 341 (c) 342 (d) None of these
(13) Pakistan so far has had:
(a) 3 Constitutions (b) 5 Constitutions (c) 7 Constitutions (d) None of these
(14) The French Revolution took place in: (a) 1845 (b) 1846 (c) 1847 (d) None of these
(15) The Constitution of French Fifth Republic was adopted in:
(a) 1955 (b) 1956 (c) 1957 (d) None of these
(16) The USSR was established in:
(a) 1915 (b) 1916
(c) 1917 (d) None of these
(1 7) The USSR comprised of:
(a) 13 Republics (b) 14 Republics (c) 15 Republics (d) None of these
(18) Mr Leonid Breznev become President of USSR in: . (a) . 1975 (b) 1976
(c) i977 (d) None of these
(19) India got independence on:
(a) August 15 (b) August 16 (c) August 17 (d) None of these
(20) Indian Union comprises of:
(a) 25 States (b) 26 States
(c) 27 States (d) ‘None of these