ECTRIMS Postdoctoral Research Fellowship
Opportunities in Neuroscience and Multiple Sclerosis Research with the ECTRIMS Postdoctoral Research Fellowship
ECTRIMS Postdoctoral Research Fellowship Exchange Program
International students from all over the world are welcome to apply to the ECTRIMS Postdoctoral Research Fellowship Exchange Programme if they are interested in conducting postdoctoral research in the fields of neuroscience and multiple sclerosis.
The program’s goals include maximising information sharing and assisting in the development of a group of skilled research scientists who are specifically interested in MS-related issues. At first, it is anticipated that many fellowships will be given out annually.
- The ECTRIMS Research Fellowship is a programme that emphasises research. In collaboration with the fellowship mentor at the host institution, prospective fellows must choose and present a strong basic, clinical, or applied research topic that will be carried out during the fellowship time.
- Applicants seeking a study fellowship experience in any area of basic, applied, or clinical MS-related research in a suitable specialist location will be taken into consideration.
- Level of Study: Postdoctoral
- Institution(s): ECTRIMS
- Study Location: Europe
- Opportunity Focus Areas: Neuroscience, Multiple sclerosis (MS)
- Program Period: Fellowships available for one or two years; shorter durations considered under special circumstances (details required in the application).
- Deadline: December 1
The ECTRIMS Postdoctoral Research Fellowship offers the following benefits to recipients:
- An annual stipend of €55,000 for all fellows.
- Economy round-trip transportation from the recipient’s home location to the training site (family member travel expenses not covered).
- Stipends paid by the host institution according to their payment policies.
- Funds can be used to cover social benefits required by the institution.
- Any remaining funds can support research-related costs.
- Additional funding sources may be listed if necessary.
- No support for travel, books, or journal subscriptions.
- Mandatory attendance at annual ECTRIMS Congresses, with travel and accommodation support provided.
Eligibility Criteria for ECTRIMS Postdoctoral Research Fellowship
To be eligible for the ECTRIMS Postdoctoral Research Fellowship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Proficiency in the required language(s) of the host institution.
- Open to candidates from all countries worldwide.
- Applicants should have received their advanced degree(s) before the fellowship initiation.
- A maximum of one year of prior postdoctoral training at the same host institution/mentor at the time of application.
- Scientists and physicians with an MD, PhD, ScD, or equivalent professional degree are eligible.
- Typically, applicants should be under 40 years old at the time of application (exceptions considered).
- No language barriers should impede the training experience.
- Postdoctoral research must be conducted in a European laboratory or clinic.
- Encouraged but not mandatory: Consider returning to the original home institution for employment post-fellowship.
Application process for ECTRIMS Postdoctoral Research Fellowship
Follow these steps to apply for the ECTRIMS Postdoctoral Research Fellowship:
- Create an account by clicking “Apply Now.”
- Complete the application form on the ECTRIMS website.
- Submit the following documents with your application:
- Abbreviated curriculum vitae and bibliography (up to 5 pages).
- Applicant’s career plans (up to one page).
- Research project abstract summary (up to 250 words).
- Research project description (up to 6 pages, including figures, tables, and references).
- Proof of local language knowledge (e.g., certificate).
- Submit additional items electronically to [email protected], including:
- Letter of support from the department chair or relevant institutional official at the host institution.
- Certification from the training institution accepting the fellowship terms and payments.
- Letter of endorsement from the proposed mentor, including their curriculum vitae.
- At least three letters of reference from professionals acquainted with the applicant.
ECTRIMS Postdoctoral Research Fellowship in Europe offers a remarkable opportunity for aspiring researchers in the fields of neuroscience and multiple sclerosis. With generous financial support and a commitment to fostering cutting-edge research, this fellowship empowers individuals to make meaningful contributions to their respective fields.
Seize the chance to embark on an enriching postdoctoral journey in Europe, where your research aspirations can flourish.
To Apply: ECTRIMS Postdoctoral Research Fellowship
For More Scholarships in UK:Scholarships in UK
For Scholarships in Australia:Scholarships in Australia