Scholarship Description: The Group of National Schools of Economics and Statistics (GENES) is delighted to offer a doctoral scholarship for the year 2018-2019. International students are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
Scholarship Provider: Created 75 years ago, the ENSAE ParisTech carries a unique educational project combining a high level of mastery in applied mathematics, statistics and economic analysis. In response to changes in the economy, ENSAE ParisTech has declined this educational project, over the decades, in different areas of application. It is today the only major engineering school specializing in economics and quantitative sociology, statistics, finance, actuarial science and data science.
Degree Level: Scholarships are available to pursue Ph.D. programme.
Available Subject: All topics listed below in Economics, Finance-Insurance, Statistics, Sociology are eligible.
- ECONOMICS: Labor Economics, Economics of Education, Urban Economics, Economics of Development, Environment, Macroeconomics, Growth Theory, Economic Fluctuations, International Economics, Monetary Economics, Public Economics, Theories of Employment and Unemployment, Industrial Organization, Contract Theory, Game Theory, Corporate Finance, Regulatory Economics, Competition Policy, Innovation Theory, Economic Policy Analysis, Randomized Experiments.
- FINANCE-INSURANCE: Financial Econometrics, Financial Times Series, Econometrics of Insurance, Risk and Portfolio Management, Regulation, Ratings and Credit Scoring, Corporate Risk, Longevity Risk and Pension Funds, Market Finance, Financial Economics, Banking Theory, Role of Intermediaries, Microstructure , High Frequency Data, Dynamic Modeling, Systemic Risk, Speculative Bubbles, Scenario Generators, Monte Carlo Methods, Web Data Analysis, Web Data.
- STATISTICS: High-Dimensional Statistics, Statistical Learning, Nonparametric Statistics, Bayesian Statistics and Simulation Methods, Compressed Sensing, Functional Data Analysis, Size Reduction, Statistical Inference for Stochastic Processes, Theoretical Econometrics, Survey Theory.
- SOCIOLOGY: Social Mobility and Inequality, Demography, Gender and the Family, Consumption and Spending, Lifestyles and Cultural Practices, Social Networks, Economic Sociology, Migration and Immigration, Health Inequalities.
Scholarship Benefits: They correspond to a gross monthly payment of 1,753.93 €.
Eligible nationalities: International students are eligible to apply.
Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible for this scholarship you must meet the following requirements:
Since the beginning of the 2015-2016 academic year, doctoral training has been organized within the Paris-Saclay University doctoral schools, of which ENSAE ParisTech is a founding member.
These doctoral schools bring together a group of research teams, which in this way offer the future doctor a high-level scientific supervision and preparation for professional integration.
CREST (Center for Research in Economics and Statistics), under the supervision of an ENSAE (or ENSAI) professor for those applying in Paris (or in Rennes) and will be enrolled in our doctoral program.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
Application Procedure: Mandatory documents are:
- The online application form ( http://crest.science/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/dossierallocontraldoctoral2018.pdf )
- A research project in about 10 pages
- A cover letter
- A curriculum vitae
- The official transcripts of higher education institutions from which you get a degree
- Recommendation letters from professors, including a letter from the Ph.D. supervisor.
The selection among the applicants can include an interview.
Deadline: April 30, 2018