Friedrich Ebert Stiftung Scholarships
Educational Opportunities in Germany
Friedrich Ebert Stiftung Scholarships Overview
Fully funded scholarships are available through the Friedrich Ebert Stiftung Foundation. This scholarship is available to study in Germany for both undergraduate and graduate programmes. A monthly basic salary of up to 850 euros, health insurance costs, and, if necessary, family and child allowances are also covered by this scholarship.
Up to 40 deserving students may get this prize, which also includes a thorough seminar programme to help candidates improve their social and academic skills. Any student who demonstrates exceptional academic ability or academic excellence, desires to study in Germany, and is committed to the social democratic ideals is eligible to apply.
Friedrich Ebert Stiftung Scholarship Summary
- Study Levels: Undergraduate, Masters, PhD, Diploma
- Institution: Friedrich Ebert Stiftung
- Focus Areas: Numerous courses supported (excluding pure study abroad programs outside the EU)
- Program Duration: Maximum funding period aligns with BAföG regulations
- Number of Scholarships: Up to 40
- Masters: April 30 (Summer Semester) / October 31 (Winter Semester)
- Bachelor / Diploma / Magister: After 1st semester, up to 3 semesters before the end of the standard period of study
- Medical students: After 4th semester or after physics until the end of the 6th semester
- PhD students: Anytime
Friedrich Ebert Stiftung Scholarship Target audience:
Students studying abroad from all across the world. The Foundation focuses its support on students with minimal financial resources or those from immigrant homes.
Friedrich Ebert Stiftung Scholarship Benefits
As a recipient of the Friedrich Ebert Stiftung (FES) Scholarship, you can enjoy a comprehensive range of financial support and inclusions:
- Monthly Stipend: Receive a generous monthly stipend of up to €744.
- Monthly Study Fee: Access a monthly flat-rate study fee of €300, which you can utilize according to your needs.
- Health Insurance Contribution: Depending on your situation, you may be eligible for a contribution of up to €71 towards health insurance.
- Long-Term Care Insurance: Scholars can also benefit from long-term care insurance coverage, which can provide up to €15 per month.
- Family Allowance: If you have children, you may receive a family allowance of €155 per month to support your family’s needs.
- No Repayment Required: Rest assured, the scholarship is non-repayable, offering financial support without the burden of repayment.
To qualify for Friedrich Ebert Stiftung (FES) Scholarships, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Languages: Proficiency in English or German
- Eligible Countries: Gifted students from Africa, Asia, Latin America, and Eastern Europe
- Demonstrated aptitude and potential for academic or professional success
- Admission or enrollment at a state-recognized higher-education institution in Germany
- Sufficient knowledge of German, although courses are conducted in English (e.g., DSH level 2, Test Deutsch als Fremdsprache level 4, or Zertifikat C1)
- Commitment to social democratic values
- Above-average academic performance
- Desirable qualities: Political thinking, thirst for knowledge, tolerance, openness, team orientation, critical thinking, and self-reflection