Commonwealth Master’s Scholarships 2023 in the UK is a splendid opportunity for the brightest minds from the Commonwealth countries to come to the UK and pursue their masters for free. This fully-funded UK scholarship enables the students to develop their skills and enhance their knowledge in desired fields without any financial burden on their shoulders. The basic purpose of this Commonwealth scholarship is to promote peace and economic stability among low and middle-income countries. Moreover, the top master’s degree scholarship aims at lifting up the less advantaged people from Commonwealth nations.
The Commonwealth master’s scholarship 2023 is funded by the UK Foreign Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO), to promote sustainable development in lower and upper-middle-income countries. This year the Commonwealth grant is being granted in six main themes ranging from science and technology to promote global prosperity, crisis management, health systems, and access to opportunities. These intensive themes are being set to motivate individuals to participate in a better future. Moreover, the alumni of the Commonwealth make a community network that binds the current and former fellows together for a lasting time.
By becoming a Commonwealth fellow, the individuals become Commonwealth scholars for life. They have the opportunity to utilize a wide range of contacts of CSC alumni in bringing development and change in their home countries and other Commonwealth countries around the globe. Moreover, this UK Government scholarship enables the scholars to become a member of the Knowledge Hubs. These Knowledge Hubs are platforms from where ideas and projects are shared and appreciated. Furthermore, those Knowledge Hubs are the information sources for new opportunities, events, and news as they are linked and run via LinkedIn. In order to apply successfully for this life-changing opportunity, the following information must be read carefully.
Scholarships are awarded to study the subjects offered by the university.
- The scholarship covers the return air ticket of the selected candidates.
- The scholarship covers full tuition fees.
- The candidates will get a monthly stipend of £1,236 per month, or £1,516.
- The scholarship also covers the warm cloth allowance.
- The cost of the thesis or dissertation will be covered.
- It provides students with study travel grants within or outside the UK.
- If the candidates are widowed, divorced, or a single parents, the scholarship pays the child £529 per month for the first child and £131 per month for the second and third child under the age of 16.
- Additional allowance for a disabled person.
Commonwealth countries are eligible.
- An applicant must be a British-protected person.
- An applicant must be a native or a refugee of eligible Commonwealth countries.
- An applicant must be a permanent resident of eligible Commonwealth countries.
- An applicant must be available for study in the UK by the beginning of the UK academic calendar, i.e., September 2023.
- An applicant must have provided all the necessary documents in the required format.
- For more information about the eligibility criteria, visit the official website.
- The candidates have to apply from any one of the given nominating bodies i.e. National Nominating Agencies or Non-Governmental Organizations, and Charitable Bodies.
- CSC does not accept direct applications which have not followed the above-mentioned routes.
- The candidates must keep in mind that every nominating body has different eligibility criteria, so they must check the eligibility requirement of their nominating body as well. The candidates have to apply through CSC online application system.
- The CSC applications and applications required by the nominating bodies are different and the candidates have to apply for both.
- The application which is not submitted via CSC online application system will not be accepted.
- Make sure that your reference letters are directly submitted by your referees. The referees will be sent an email for reference letter submission.