Graduate Student Fellowships for International Students University of Notre Dame, USA
The Notre Dame Institute for Advanced Study (NDIAS), University of Notre Dame is offering graduate student fellowships for a full academic year in the USA. There are no citizenship requirements for fellowships; non-US nationals are welcomed to apply.
1. We have designed this web-based application to be secure and convenient. If you have any questions as you complete your application, please contact Carolyn Sherman, NDIAS Programs Administrator, at [email protected] Cookies are required for the online application to function correctly. Cookies are typically enabled by default in most web browsers. However, in Safari they are not set by default. So, for example, if you are using Safari, you can find instructions for turning on cookies at: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1677. You may also try a different browser, such as Firefox, if you encounter problems.
2. Before proceeding, we recommend that you review the fellowship descriptions, eligibility requirements, and expectations found on the Graduate Student Fellowships and Frequently Asked Questions pages on the NDIAS website.
3. Your application will be downloaded for external reviewers and the Fellowship Selection Committee exactly as you type it into the system. Therefore, please complete your online application carefully, with appropriate attention to spelling, case (please do not type using all capital letters), punctuation, and grammar.
4. Please use the “Previous” and “Next” buttons as you navigate through the application (do not use the “Back” function of your browser). This is the safest way to preserve your work as you complete the application. Please save your work before proceeding to the next page or before exiting the system.
5. You must save your work before exiting the application. The “Save Application” button is at the bottom of each application page. If you do not click “Save Application,” anything entered since your last save on that screen will be lost. You will be automatically logged out of the application when you close your browser window.
6. You may return to any of these pages by logging in on the application portal page.
7. Once your application is submitted for review, it will no longer be possible to change it. If you have changes to your application after its submittal, please notify the NDIAS Fellowship program at [email protected]
8. The NDIAS Fellowship application must be submitted in English using Times New Roman 12-point font (or its equivalent). The application is comprised of the following:
(a) completed online application form;
(b) current curriculum vitae (no more than four pages);
(c) proposal abstract (no more than 400 words);
(d) fellowship research proposal (no more than six pages, double-spaced);
(e) proposal bibliography (no more than two pages, single-spaced);
(f) (optional) up to two pages of non-text materials supporting the research proposal;
(g) (optional) cover letter; and
(h) three letters of reference (please see note on professional reference letters below).
9. Fellowship applications for 2015-2016, including letters of reference and all supporting documentation, must be received at the NDIAS by 11:59 p.m. EDT on Wednesday, October 15, 2014.
The Notre Dame Institute for Advanced Study (NDIAS) is dedicated to fostering and supporting integrative scholarship addressing ultimate questions at the intersection of the arts, engineering, humanities, law, and natural, physical, and social sciences, especially those that transcend disciplinary boundaries.
Application Deadline: 15 Oct 2014
Please Click Here for more information.