Harvard University Scholarships
Harvard Academy Scholars Program Offers Prestigious Postdoctoral and PhD Scholarships in Law and Social Science
Harvard University Scholarships Overview
For international students, the Harvard University Scholarships is a fully financed award. Offering postdoctoral research studies is this scholarship. A 75,000 dollar annual stipend will be given to postdoctoral academy scholars.
Four to six Academy Scholars are chosen each year for two-year positions. The Harvard University Scholarships seeks out and supports outstanding young academics whose work combines a mastery of the language, history, and culture of nations or regions outside of North America with disciplinary brilliance in the social sciences or law.
Their research may clarify local, comparative, or global problems from the past or the present. For the duration of their tenure, Academy Scholars are expected to live in the Cambridge/Boston area, unless they are going out of town for pre-approved study.
Level of Study: Postdoctoral / PhD
Institution: Harvard University, USA
Opportunity Focus Areas: Law and social science
Program Duration: Two years
Application Deadline: September 22
Harvard University Scholarships Coverage
The Harvard Academy Scholars Program offers recipients a comprehensive scholarship package, including:
- Annual Stipend: Postdoctoral Academy Scholars will receive a generous annual stipend of $75,000.
- Research Support: The stipend is complemented by funding for conference attendance, research travel, research assistants, and health insurance coverage.
- Teaching Opportunities: While teaching is not mandatory, some teaching opportunities are available for scholars.
Eligibility Criteria for Harvard University Scholarships
To qualify for the Harvard University Scholarship, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Language Proficiency: Proficiency in English is mandatory.
- Eligible Countries: This scholarship is open to candidates from all countries worldwide.
- Academic Qualifications: Applicants should hold a PhD or an equivalent doctoral degree, obtained within two years of the program’s start date on August 1, 2023. Advanced doctoral candidates in the social sciences are also eligible.
- Dissertation Completion: Scholars who are close to completing their dissertations must be prepared to submit degree conferral documentation issued by their university registrar’s office by June 30, 2024, for a program start date of August 1, 2024. Individuals who have previously held or completed another Harvard postdoctoral fellowship are not eligible to apply.
How to Apply for Harvard University Scholarships
To apply for the Harvard Academy Scholars Program, follow these essential steps:
- Create an Account: Start by creating a new account on the application portal.
- Complete Your Profile: Fill in your personal and academic information.
- Required Documents: Prepare the following documents for submission:
- Cover Letter: A concise letter outlining your academic field, specialization region, and proposed research topic.
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) or Resumé: Include a list of your publications.
- Research Proposal: Submit a research proposal (maximum 2500 words) detailing your intellectual objectives and planned research methodology and disciplinary focus.
- PhD Program Transcript: Provide a copy of your PhD program transcript.
- Letters of Recommendation: Arrange for three letters of recommendation to be submitted. All application components, including the recommendation letters, should be uploaded online as PDF documents.
For further information and to initiate your application, please visit the official Harvard Academy Scholars Program website.
Don’t miss this incredible opportunity to further your academic journey at Harvard University through the Harvard Academy Scholars Program.
Apply now and pursue your research goals in law and social science with comprehensive support.
To Apply: Harvard University Scholarships
For More Scholarships in UK:Scholarships in UK
For Scholarships in Australia:Scholarships in Australia