Helen Hay Whitney Fellowships
Launch Your Postdoctoral Research Career in Biomedical Sciences with Helen Hay Whitney Fellowships in the USA
Helen Hay Whitney Fellowships Overview
A fully financed postdoctoral grant for international students is the Helen Hay Whitney Fellowship. This scholarship pays up to US$60,000 in annual financial aid.
In order to pursue a postdoctoral degree, international students are invited to apply to the Helen Hay Whitney Fellowship. This scholarship pays up to US$60,000 in annual financial aid.
International students can apply for Helen Hay Whitney Fellowships to undertake postdoctoral studies in American colleges. In order to realise its ultimate goal of increasing the number of creative, qualified, and devoted medical scientists, the Foundation offers young individuals with enough financial support to support their careers in biological or medical research.
The competition for the Helen Hay Whitney fellowship is fierce. Less than 5% of people who apply for us receive funding.
Please be aware that due to the volume of requests received, the Foundation is unable to critique ineffective projects.
Helen Hay Whitney Fellowships Summary
- Level of Study: Postdoctoral
- Institution(s): Helen Hay Whitney Foundation
- Study in: United States
- Course Offered: Biomedical Sciences
- Program Period: 3 years
- Deadline: June 15, 5:00 pm EST
Helen Hay Whitney Fellowships Coverage
The Helen Hay Whitney Fellowships offer recipients a comprehensive package of benefits:
- The Foundation provides funds for travel to the fellowship location at the time of activation, covering the Fellow and their family.
- The Foundation also covers travel expenses incurred for the two-day Annual Fellows Meetings held in November.
- Dependent Child Allowance of $1,500 per annum for each child.
- No payment is made for the transportation of household goods.
- Stipend and expense allowance:
Year Stipend Research Allowance 1st $54,000 $1,500 2nd $57,000 $1,500 3rd $60,000 $1,500
Eligibility Criteria for Helen Hay Whitney Fellowships
To qualify for the Helen Hay Whitney Fellowships, candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Required Language: English
- Eligible Countries: All World Countries.
Please note that if you are a foreign national (including those from conflict areas), you must have local residency status and authorization to work in the country of the fellowship you are applying for.
- Hold or be in the final stages of obtaining a Ph.D., M.D., or equivalent degree, seeking beginning postdoctoral training in basic biomedical research.
- Have no more than one year of postdoctoral research experience at the application deadline.
- Received a Ph.D. (or D.Phil. or equivalent) degree no more than two years before the deadline or an M.D. degree no more than three years before the deadline.
- Expect to reside in North America at the time of application.
Note: The Foundation encourages a significant change of venue for postdoctoral training.
- Foreign students should obtain appropriate visa documentation as required by US Immigration.
- Clinical house-staff training does not count as “postdoctoral laboratory training.”
- The fellowships are for early postdoctoral training only.
A two-day Annual Meeting of Fellows is held in November each year, where each third-year Fellow presents their research results.
Application Process for Helen Hay Whitney Fellowships
For detailed application instructions and to submit your application, please visit the official website. Here are essential steps to avail of the Helen Hay Whitney Fellowships for Postdoctoral Research:
- Read the instructions carefully before attempting the online application submission.
- Download the Reference_Letter Template and forward it to your four referees. All completed reference letters should be emailed to [email protected], converted to PDF format, and named according to the instructions on the Reference Letter Template.
- Download Application Items 1-6, complete them, and upload them along with the other requested items.
- IMPORTANT: The zipped file should be uploaded immediately following the submission of the 2-page application cover (not at a later time or date).
- Download applicattion form from here
To Apply: Helen Hay Whitney Fellowships
For More Scholarships in UK:Scholarships in UK
For Scholarships in Australia:Scholarships in Australia