Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship Programme
Study and Live in Hungary Free of Cost
The Stipendium Hungaricum is a prestigious scholarship program initiated by the Hungarian Government to promote internationalization and attract top foreign students to Hungary. Since its inception, the program has grown exponentially, with thousands of students from various countries benefiting from this unique opportunity. The scholarship not only covers tuition fees but also provides a monthly stipend, accommodation, and medical insurance, making it one of the most generous scholarships globally.
Hungary, with its rich academic history and world-renowned universities, has always been a hub for higher education in Central Europe. The Stipendium Hungaricum program further cements its position by offering a wide range of courses in multiple languages, catering to students from diverse backgrounds. This guide aims to provide a detailed overview of the Stipendium Hungaricum, its benefits, eligibility criteria, language requirements, participating universities, and a step-by-step application process.
For those considering studying in Hungary, the Stipendium Hungaricum is an opportunity not to be missed. It not only provides financial support but also offers a chance to be part of Hungary’s vibrant academic community. With the support of the Hungarian Government and participating universities, students are assured of a world-class education and a transformative experience.
Benefits of the Stipendium Hungaricum
- Full Tuition Waiver: Students are exempted from paying any tuition fees.
- Monthly Stipend: Beneficiaries receive a monthly stipend to cover their living expenses.
- Accommodation: Free dormitory place or a contribution to accommodation costs for the entire duration of studies.
- Medical Insurance: Comprehensive health care services.
- Must be a citizen of a country that has a valid bilateral agreement with Hungary.
- Should have good academic records and recommendations.
- Must meet the age requirements for the selected program.
- Courses are offered in multiple languages, including English, German, French, and Hungarian.
- Applicants must provide proof of language proficiency, usually through standardized tests like IELTS or TOEFL for English-taught programs.
Participating Universities Hungary boasts several top-tier universities that are part of the Stipendium Hungaricum program. Some of the notable ones include:
- ötvös József College – Location: Baja
- Budapest Business School – University of Applied Sciences – Location: Budapest
- Budapest University of Technology and Economics – Location: Budapest
- Corvinus University of Budapest – Location: Budapest
- Eötvös Loránd University – Location: Budapest
- Hungarian Dance University – Location: Budapest
- Hungarian University of Fine Arts – Location: Budapest
- Hungarian University of Sports Science – Location: Budapest
- John Wesley Theological College – Location: Budapest
- Károli Gáspár University of the Reformed Church in Hungary – Location: Budapest
- Liszt Ferenc Academy of Music – Location: Budapest
- Óbuda University – Location: Budapest
- Pázmány Péter Catholic University – Location: Budapest
- Semmelweis University – Location: Budapest
- University of Public Service – Location: Budapest
- University of Veterinary Medicine Budapest – Location: Budapest
- University of Debrecen – Location: Debrecen
- University of Dunaújváros – Location: Dunaújváros
- Eszterházy Károly Catholic University – Location: Eger
- Széchenyi István University – Location: Győr
- Hungarian University of Agriculture and Life Sciences, MATE – Location: Gödöllő
- John von Neumann University – Location: Kecskemét
- University of Miskolc – Location: Miskolc
- University of Nyíregyháza – Location: Nyíregyháza
- University of Pécs – Location: Pécs
- University of Sopron – Location: Sopron
- University of Szeged – Location: Szeged
- University of Tokaj – Location: Sárospatak
- University of Pannonia – Location: Veszprém
- Apor Vilmos Catholic College – Location: Vác
- 1. University of Szeged
- Location: Szeged, Hungary
- Overview: Established in 1581, the University of Szeged (SZTE) is one of Hungary’s leading and internationally recognized institutions. With a diverse range of faculties, from arts to medicine, SZTE offers a holistic educational experience.
- Ranked among the top 500 universities globally.
- Offers a wide variety of programs in English, catering to international students.
- Known for its research initiatives and has several research centers of excellence.
- Campus Life: The university’s location in Szeged, often referred to as the “City of Sunshine,” provides students with a vibrant cultural experience, numerous events, and festivals.
2. Budapest University of Technology and Economics (BME)
- Location: Budapest, Hungary
- Overview: Founded in 1782, BME is Hungary’s largest technical institution and is considered the country’s principal polytechnic. It has played a pivotal role in shaping the country’s engineering education.
- Consistently ranked as the top engineering university in Hungary.
- Home to eight faculties, including civil engineering, mechanical engineering, and architecture.
- Renowned for its research contributions in various technical fields.
- Campus Life: Situated in the heart of Budapest, students can immerse themselves in the city’s rich history, architecture, and vibrant nightlife.
3. Eötvös Loránd University (ELTE)
- Location: Budapest, Hungary
- Overview: Established in 1635, ELTE is Hungary’s oldest university and has a rich history of academic excellence. It offers a diverse range of programs in the arts and sciences.
- Houses eight faculties, including the Faculty of Humanities, Faculty of Law, and Faculty of Informatics.
- Known for its rigorous academic programs and has produced several Nobel laureates.
- A hub for research and innovation, with numerous publications and patents to its name.
- Campus Life: With its central location in Budapest, students at ELTE have access to a plethora of cultural events, museums, theaters, and the iconic Danube River.
For a detailed list of all participating universities and their specific programs, I recommend visiting the official Stipendium Hungaricum website or checking their study finder page and institutions page.
Step-by-Step Application Guide for the Stipendium Hungaricum Programme for International Students
- Introduction: Familiarize yourself with the structure and elements of the online application system. This guide provides detailed information on all the fields, sections, and tabs to be filled in. Official Application Page.
- Read the Call for Applications: This document contains all the necessary and useful application information. Ensure you understand the educational cooperation agreements between Hungary and the Sending Partners. Check the Call for Applications.
- Determine Eligibility: Applications are based on nationality. Only nationals of the partner countries may apply. Check the eligible study fields and ensure you meet the age requirements.
Structure of the Online Application System:
- Account and Settings: Your Applicant ID is crucial. It’s used to identify you during the application process. Ensure your profile has accurate details, including citizenship, date of birth, email, and Skype address.
- Features of the System: Utilize the system’s features to find programs, browse institutions, view your applications, check offers, and manage tasks.
- Re-application: If you’ve applied before, you can use your existing account. Ensure you clone your previous application to fill in common fields automatically.
Filling the Sections:
- Priorities: Select up to TWO different study programs in order of preference. Ensure you understand the difference between full degree studies and partial/exchange studies.
- Profile: Provide your personal data, including name, gender, citizenship, date of birth, and contact details.
- Identification Documents: Upload a valid passport or ID-card. Ensure the details match your application.
- Contacts: Provide accurate contact details, including email and address. Universities will contact you via these channels for admission procedures.
- Formal Photo: Upload an official photo where your face is clearly visible.
- Required Documents: Ensure you have all the necessary documents, such as school certificates, proof of language proficiency, identification document copies, transcripts, medical certificates, and any additional documents specific to your application type. View the list of required documents.
- Always use an email address that you have access to in the long term.
- Ensure all mandatory fields are completed.
- Check the eligibility criteria and deadlines for your Sending Partner.
- Regularly check your inbox in the application system for notifications.
The Stipendium Hungaricum is more than just a scholarship; it’s a gateway to a world of opportunities in Hungary. With its comprehensive benefits and wide range of courses, it’s an ideal choice for students looking for a unique and enriching study abroad experience. For more information and updates, always refer to the official Stipendium Hungaricum website and stay connected with scholarshipsads.com for relevant backlinks and details.