IMU Breakout Graduate Fellowship
IMU Breakout Graduate Fellowship Overview
The IMU Breakout Graduate Fellowship Programme is now accepting applications. In this essay, we’ll go into great detail regarding this scholarship programme, its advantages, and how to apply.
International students can apply for fully supported PhD scholarships through the IMU Breakout Graduate Fellowship Programme 2024. The International Mathematical Union Scholarship is valued at up to USD 10,000 per year and includes tuition, housing, travel, and living costs.
Professional mathematicians are encouraged to suggest exceptionally bright and driven students from developing nations who intend to finish their doctoral degrees in a developing nation, including their own.
Candidates must have a solid academic history and be really interested in a career in mathematics research and instruction.
The International Mathematical Union and The Friends of the International Mathematical Union, along with the donors, believe that the fellowships will benefit the home nations of those selected for them as well as the future generation of mathematicians.
- Level of Study: PhD
- Institution: International Mathematical Union
- Study Location: Any country
- Opportunity Focus: Mathematics
- Program Duration: 4 years
The IMU Breakout Graduate Fellowship offers substantial support, including:
- A maximum value of USD 10,000 annually, covering:
- Full tuition fees
- Accommodation expenses
- Travel expenses to the host institution (if different from the home country)
- Basic living expenses based on the host country’s cost of living
To be eligible for the IMU Breakout Graduate Fellowship, candidates must meet these criteria:
- Required Language: English
- Eligible Countries: All countries worldwide
- Applications must be submitted by professional mathematicians, preferably those mentoring young students.
- Students must be residents and citizens of developing countries.
- Students should be either pre-accepted into a doctoral program in the first academic year after selection or already enrolled in a doctoral program in a developing country-based university or research institution.
- There is no age limit for applicants.
- Nomination of women students is highly encouraged.
- The fellowship is awarded annually, renewable based on satisfactory progress, and ends either upon completion of the doctoral program or after four years, whichever comes first.
How to Apply
Follow these steps to apply for the IMU Breakout Graduate Fellowship:
- Register on the International Mathematical Union Platform [link here].
(2) Online Application
- Complete the Online Application Form [link here].
Prepare the Required Materials
- Ensure that all documents are in PDF format for uploading. These materials include:
- Statement from the nominator.
- Scanned copy of the student (nominee) passport.
- Official letter of pre-acceptance into the PhD Program.
- Budget detailing total requested expenses.
- CV of the PhD Supervisor.
- Research Project.
- Two letters of recommendation (excluding the nominator).
- Certified copies of coursework transcripts (e.g., stamped by the university) for BSc and MSc degrees.
- Nominee CV.
- Nominee letter of motivation, research project, and future plans.
- Declarations from the nominator, PhD Supervisor, and nominee (student).
The IMU Breakout Graduate Fellowship represents an incredible opportunity for mathematics enthusiasts worldwide. With its global reach and commitment to empowering emerging scholars, this fellowship fosters academic excellence in the field. Apply now to take your mathematical journey to new heights.
For More Scholarships in UK:
For Scholarships in Australia: