The Enterprise Systems & Experience (ESE) communications team works to empower Autodesk’s workforce with secure, scalable, and modern experiences while providing customers with frictionless engagements with Autodesk offerings and support.
The Employee Communications Intern will be responsible for researching, developing, and driving plans that deliver new, innovative, and effective ways to engage employees within the ESE organization, and employees utilizing ESE’s services. We use Sharepoint, Slack, Teams, Qualtrics, Proze (internal email engagement platform), Jira, Aha, ServiceNow
We are looking for someone who is highly collaborative, a strong writer, a good project manager, and has a curiosity and drive to try new things.
• Having a dedicated mentor who will help you navigate through Autodesk as a whole. From onboarding to your intern project, your mentor will get you ramped up and ready to make an impact – all while showing you what it means to be at Autodesk!
• Partnering with Autodesk Research & Design Teams to drive employee communication strategies
• Conducting corporate benchmarking activities to understand the tools and resources companies in our market use to engage their employees
• Developing and executing a multi-channel communications campaign from concept to delivery, with the goal of producing high employee engagement
• Building original, creative, and compelling content to showcase the ESE organization and our services across multiple communications channels
• Must be currently enrolled in a full-time, degree-seeking program with an expected graduation date in 2024
• Self-starter with a strong sense of ownership, attention to detail, and a drive for innovation
• Excellent writing skills: can make technical concepts approachable, understandable, and actionable for a global audience
• Capability to process large amounts of information and feedback to deliver approachable, succinct, and impactful communications Preferred Qualifications
• Prior communications, journalism, or marketing experience from internships, hackathons, or other side projects
• Demonstrate strong project management skills in handling multiple tasks/deadlines
About the US Intern Program
The 2023 U.S. program runs for 12 weeks (May 22 – August 11 or June 12 – September 1). All internships are paid. As an intern, you will have the opportunity to contribute to meaningful projects, be mentored by industry leaders, work alongside peers from universities all over the country and participate in tech talks and other activities designed to support your personal and professional development. US recruiting begins in the Fall and concludes at the end of March. Our Internships align with Autodesk’s Flexible Workplace approach, which is designed to meet the needs of our business while providing flexibility in support of office, remote and hybrid work preferences.
At Autodesk, we’re building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.