Hitachi America, Ltd. (http://www.hitachi-america.us/) has openings for Interns in the Industrial AI Laboratory located in Silicon Valley. The mission of this laboratory is to help create new and innovative solutions that utilize artificial intelligence and advanced analytics for the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT). The laboratory focuses on research, technology innovation, proof-of-concept activities, technical marketing, and business development for novel AI solutions, leveraging Hitachi’s technologies, reinforcing Hitachi’s messaging around big data, and establishing Hitachi as a leader in Industrial AI.
More information about the research done at the Industrial AI Laboratory can be found at: http://www.hitachi-america.us/rd/ More information about Hitachi Industrial IoT technology can be found at: https://www.hitachivantara.com/en-us/products/iot.html
• A Bachelors or Masters student in Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Operation Research, or related fields.
• Background in data analysis, data engineering, statistics, machine learning algorithms, and their applications required.
• Ability to perform literature review of state-of-the-art research papers, summarize and drive conclusions from them.
• Good programming skills and knowledge of data science tools and libraries in Python or R, ability to write SQL queries to extract and analyze data.
Knowledge of big data tools/platforms like Spark, Hadoop, and Hive is a plus.
• In addition, the successful candidate will possess the following behavioral characteristics:
• Must have strong problem-solving skills
• Must be eager to learn new tools/skills/methods
• Must be a highly motivated team player who can thrive in a dynamic startup-like environment
• Must have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal EOE-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
If you need reasonable accommodation to apply for a job at Hitachi, please send the nature of the request and contact information to [email protected]. Queries other than accommodation requests will not be responded to.