Deutsche Bahn has been designing, engineering, constructing, testing, and commissioning, innovative and integrated multi-modal transportation systems for over 180 years. Since 2017, DB E.C.O North America Inc. is the part of that team bringing DB’s global experience and knowledge to the North American marketplace. Our clients are passenger, and freight railway companies and railway transportation agencies in North America who seek to improve their organizational performance and modernize their product and service portfolio. We have offices in Los Angeles, Sacramento, Boston, and New York – however, many of our employees live all across the US.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
• AP – review/research invoices, obtain approvals, and enter into MS Dynamics 365
• AR – monitor the outstanding invoices
• Assisting with research, filing, data entry, and recording and maintaining accurate and complete financial records.
• Assist with the preparation of monthly/quarterly/yearly closings.
• Review and input expense reports in accordance with the company’s travel & expense policies.
• Review time sheets of all employees for general accuracy.
• Assist with reconciling accounts
• Learning how to work as part of the Accounting team to compile and analyze data, track information, and support the company or clients.
• Support with ad hoc requests from the Finance Department
• Support in the preparation of controlling reports
• And other duties as needed
• Must be a recent graduate or actively working towards a Bachelor’s or Masters in Accounting.
• Basic understanding of accounting and financial principles
• Excellent organizational, time management, interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills
• Motivation and a strong desire to take on new challenges and learn as much as possible.
• Self-motivated, with strong attention to detail and a high level of accuracy
• Excellent technical skills including a strong command of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
• Must be able to work remotely (have a dedicated workspace & internet connectivity) until non-essential offices are allowed to open under the State guidelines.
Competitive Health Benefits
We offer several different plans for a variety of healthcare services through well-known carriers. Services include Mental Health, Preventative Care, Inpatient/Outpatient Services, Health Spending Account, Flexible Spending Account and access to Gym & Cell Phone Discounts.
To learn more about United Health care, please visit: https://transparency-in-coverage.uhc.com/
The company offers pre-tax & post-tax retirement contribution options for employees, including a company match.
Paid Time Off & Holidays
We currently offer 10 paid holidays and an additional day per year of the employee’s choice.
To aid employee well-being, we offer an Employee Assistance Plan. Services range from Mental Health/Counseling, Legal Resources, Life & Relationship Resources, Crisis Support, Childcare Resources and More!
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.