As a Penske Co-op working for the Operational Excellence department, you will be exposed to real-world business experiences that will utilize your core engineering knowledge and enhance your overall capabilities within the workplace. You will be responsible for a variety of tasks and projects which relate to applied engineering practices in the workplace throughout multiple Penske facilities.
Please note – This is a temporary, Intern / Co-op position located at our Corporate offices in a country and suburban setting 7 miles South of Reading, PA.
Co-op/Internship will be beginning in 2023, the timeline for the position is flexible and will be determined at a later date.
- Observe, analyze, and improve current work processes for several Penske operation sites
- Recommend opportunities for business / operational process improvements and evaluate the business impact
- Perform time studies of targeted business/operational processes
- Analyze statistical data to determine logical and appropriate standards, validate performance and make better business decisions
- Create data collection forms and materials to use while observing processes
- Gather, manipulate, and analyze data from system-generated sources, process observations, and other various data sources
- Analyze and improve processes through the use of DMADV, DMAIC and Lean toolsets
- Prepare and present materials for business leaders
- Students should be pursuing Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering or a similar program who is entering their Sophomore, Junior, or Senior year
- Strong interest in improving & designing processes and project management
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Proficient understanding of the core Industrial Engineering fundamentals or similar engineering principles
- Ability to interface professionally with all levels of the organization
- Analytical skills/aptitude
- Written and oral communication and presentation skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Familiarity with Visio and Microsoft Access
- Experience with Minitab or other statistical software is a plus
- Willingness to travel, including overnight, up to approximately 25%
- Able to Relocate to Reading, PA with a car for transportation
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Truck Leasing
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates a premier fleet of vehicles and serves its customers from locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Penske’s product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit www.GoPenske.com to learn more.
Work Locations :
100 Gundy Drive
100 Gundy Drive
Reading, PA 19607
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Reading
Job: Quality/Six Sigma/Project Management