- You support our community and get involved in group activities, such as our weekly success reviews, daily meetings, planning communal activities and taking care of daily ranch chores.
- You take responsibility for your Personal Development and for creating a positive environment around you.
- You take responsibility to conserve the nature and wilderness you benefit from.
- You contribute to something larger than yourself by participating in Nature Conservation projects and mentoring community partners.
- You reflect on your progress by writing and sharing weekly blog stories.
- You contribute to the ranch culture by sharing inspirational insights, photos and videos with our community.
- You create your own 40 hour week work schedule that meets your interests and moves you towards your goals.
- Live by the Three Pillar philosophy of the TTE community – Nature Connection, Nature Conservation and Personal Development.
- Your Personal Development is the priority of your experience, we facilitate the environment for you to grow and evolve towards your best self.
- Your internship is a journey that can transform your life as much as you are committed to investing in yourself.
- With the responsibility you take for your Personal Development and the TTE community wellbeing, opportunities like attending external workshops and learning new skills will arise.
- You will gain hands-on experience in nature conservation and contribute to positive change in the world through your involvement in projects and data collection.
- You become part of our community where we support each other in our goals and mission and share our personal experiences on a daily basis.
- You will live and work in a remote wilderness environment, where you reconnect with nature and yourself.
- You will have the opportunity to experience true wilderness, disconnect from city life and live by the laws of nature.
- You will become more attuned to nature by becoming more aware of your environment and learn about nature
- Your internship is the ideal opportunity to find clarity on your purpose.
- The benefits of your internship are equal to the opportunities and responsibilities you take.
- You will be accommodated on site in prospector tents in the summer, that facilitate an ongoing nature connection, or communal rooms in the winter, all meals are included.
- The compensation for this position are all non-monetary benefits and opportunities above.
During your internship/ volunteering you will experience a variety of fields such as invasive species management, habitat management, wildlife studies, proposal writing and eco-tourism to educate guests about wildlife in the area. Personal and professional development is a cornerstone of your internship with ongoing support on your journey.
If you have a specific research interest or conservation project that you would like to conduct in the area, you have the opportunity to plan and conduct it as part of your internship. We work together with universities and facilitate co-op terms. Our research center and remote satellite research stations in the Chilcotin Ark in British Columbia, Canada are the ideal place to facilitate your project.
– Implement the Chilcotin Ark’s mission and objectives, involving all community partners
– Coordinate stewardship and resource management projects
– Develop citizen science projects for the collection of wildlife data, to educate guests and the public about conservation
– Collect and analyze data on wilderness trips
– Respond to consultations and referrals and organize meetings with relevant stakeholders
– Organize research projects with universities and other institutions
– Manage ongoing stewardship and resource management projects, plan future projects and secure funding for the Institute’s projects
– Complete land plans including wildlife, land and resource management
– Research wildlife studies that support regulation and management of wildlife
Your commitment to your Personal Development and the support of the community. You are ready to view challenges as opportunities to grow and learn and take initiative to leave your comfort zone. Our priority is to create a community where we believe the best of each other, want the best for each other and hold one another accountable to be our best self – If you share this approach you are ready to join us.