Islamic Development Bank Prize for Women’s Contribution to Development 2014
Applications are invited for IDB Prize available for both individuals and organizations. The prize aims to recognize the essential role of women in managing water resources and thereby, improving the economic and social conditions of their communities. The Prize consists of two cash awards-U.S. $ 50,000 for a woman or a group of women and U.S. $ 100,000 for an organization. To be eligible, women candidate should be engage in activities and /or reside in one of the IDB member countries or in a Muslim community in non-member countries. The closing date for application is 30 November, 2014.
- The theme of prize is “Women’s Contribution to Water Resources Management”.
- Prize is available for women who have developed or be actively involved in projects/activities that are innovative and helped to improve access to safe and affordable water.
- Islamic Development Bank is Awarding this Prize.
Eligibility: The Nominee must:
-Be a woman.
-Engage in activities and /or reside in one of the IDB member countries or in a Muslim community in non-member countries.
-Hold values and principles and exhibit work that do not conflict with those of the IDB.
-Have activities that have proven to be effective.
-Have developed or be actively involved in projects/activities that are innovative and helped to improve access to safe and affordable water.
-Have work that is exemplary and worthy of emulation.
-Serve as a role model for other women.
-Be nominated by an organization
- IDB Prize is open for IDB member countries (Guinea Bissau, Libya, Malaysia, Nigeria, Oman, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Suriname, Syria, Togo, Turkey, Uganda, Yemen, Tajikistan, Gabon, Indonesia, Gambia, Jordan, Guinea, Iran, Iraq, Kyrgyz, Lebanon, Maldives, Mali, Mauritania, Morocco, Pakistan, Mozambique, Niger, Palestine, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Algeria, Azerbaijan, Benin, Sierra Leone, Cote dIvoire, Brunei, Djibouti, Tunisia, Uzbekistan, Burkina Faso, Chad, Cameroon, Kazakhstan, Egypt, Afghanistan, Turkmenistan, United Arab Emirates, Albania, Bangladesh, Somalia, Senegal and Comoros) and for Muslim communities in non-member countries.
- The Islamic Development Bank established the IDB Prize for Women’s Contribution to Development in 2006 to draw international attention to the vital role women play in developing their communities and the world. The Islamic Development Bank established the IDB Prize for Women’s Contribution to Development in1427H (2006G) in alignment with the recommendations of the IDB Women’s Advisory Panel. The Panel is composed of 12 prominent women recognized as leaders in their fields who advise the Bank on how to enhance women’s participation in the socio-economic development process. The Prize is awarded annually in order to draw international attention to the vital role women play in developing their communities and the world
- A total of 29 prizes to individuals and organizations have been awarded.
- The Prize consists of two cash awards;
- a) U.S. $ 50,000 for a woman or a group of women
b) U.S. $ 100,000 for an organization
The Prize is awarded during the Annual Meeting of the IDB Board of Governors.
- The general criteria applied in selecting and assessing nominations for the Prize for both individuals and organizations include the following:
Impact-Individuals and organizations nominated should exhibit projects that have contributed to the improvement of the socio-economic status of women and helped them to build their capacities.
Creativity-Individuals and organizations nominated should have projects/activities that are outstanding, innovative and unique
Outreach-Individuals and organizations nominated should have mechanisms for extending their projects/activities to surrounding areas to ensure their services are offered to as many women as possible.
Sustainability-Individuals and organizations nominated should have projects/activities that are sustainable
- Prizes will be awarded during the 40th Board of IDB Governors Meeting scheduled to take place in Mozambique, (June 2015).
- Application can be submitted by email or post.
The application deadline is 30th November 2014.
Further Official Scholarship Information and Application
Share this Scholarship for others