NATO Defense College Fellowships
Empowering Scholars and Advancing NATO's Mission
NATO Defense College Fellowships Overview
The NATO Defense College Fellowships (NDC) offers a unique opportunity for researchers and policy analysts interested in NATO’s mission and international cooperation.
A fully financed research grant, the NATO Defence College Fellowship is available to overseas students. Through this fellowship, a stipend will be given to the recipient to help with travel and lodging costs while they are in Rome.
International students may use the NATO Defence College Fellowship to enrol in research courses in Italy. Currently, the NATO Defence College grants eight fellowships per year in the field of defence and security policy studies that are connected to NATO and its allies.
The goal is to promote research and analysis of public policy in areas of particular interest to NATO members as well as to countries who are part of the Partnership for Peace (PfP), Mediterranean Dialogue (MD), and Other Military Cooperation (OMC)/Partners around the Globe (PAG) frameworks.
Since the program’s inception in 1993, the College has awarded 109 scholarships in total, up to and including 2017.
- Level of Study: Research
- Institution: NATO Defense College (NDC), Italy
- Opportunity Focus Areas:
- NDC Eisenhower (EISW) Fellowship Programme
- Partnership for Peace (PfP) Fellowship Programme
- Mediterranean Dialogue (MD) Fellowship Programme
- Other Military Cooperation/Partners Across the Globe Fellowship Programme (OMC/PAG)
- Program Period: 3 to 5 months
- Number of Scholarships: Eight fellowships awarded annually
- Application Deadline: June 15, 2023 (23:59 CET)
Objectives of the Resident Fellowship Programme
The Resident Fellowship Programme at the NATO Defense College is designed to achieve the following specific objectives:
- Contribute to the Research Directorate’s Calendar: Fellows are encouraged to work on topics of interest to the Alliance, helping to shape the research agenda.
- Research on NATO’s Agenda: Fellows engage in research projects that focus on NATO’s agenda, both within NATO member states and partner countries.
- Learning from NATO Community: The program provides Fellows and Scholars with the invaluable opportunity to learn from the NATO community, gaining comprehensive insights into the College and working in an international environment.
- Expanding Understanding of NATO: The fellowship seeks to broaden understanding of NATO and the NDC’s work in NATO partner and member countries.
- Contributing to Education: Fellows may provide lectures to the Senior Course (SC) and the NATO Regional Cooperation Course (NRCC) as needed, contributing to NDC’s educational activities.
- Fostering Scholar Development: The program aims to foster the development of scholars on NATO-related issues, contributing to the growth of expertise in this field.
NATO Defense College Fellowships Coverage
NATO Defense College Fellowships offer recipients the following benefits:
- A stipend to cover living expenses in Rome.
- Travel expenses support.
To be eligible for NATO Defense College Fellowships, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Language Proficiency: A very good level of English language proficiency is required. Knowledge of French and/or Italian is beneficial but not mandatory.
- Eligible Countries: NATO Member States and countries part of the Partnership for Peace (PfP), Mediterranean Dialogue (MD), and Other Military Cooperation (OMC) / Partners Across the Globe (PAG) frameworks.
- Computer Literacy: Candidates should be computer literate.
How to Apply
To apply for NATO Defense College Research Fellowships, follow these instructions:
- Online Application: Complete the online application form on the official website.
- Document Submission: Send a CV, ID (Passport or national ID), and a short biography as a single PDF file to [email protected].
The NATO Defense College Fellowships offer an exceptional opportunity for researchers and policy analysts to contribute to NATO’s mission and advance their understanding of international cooperation.
By promoting research and policy analysis, these fellowships play a vital role in enhancing expertise in NATO-related issues and strengthening the bonds between NATO member states and partner countries. Don’t miss the chance to be part of this enriching experience by applying before the deadline.
For More Scholarships in UK:Scholarships in UK
For Scholarships in Australia:Scholarships in Australia