New Employment Opportunity at VISA
ROLE: Country Lead
Each year, Visa facilitates more than 215 billion payment transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions, and government bodies across more than 200 nations and territories. Our objective is to link the globe by providing the most creative, convenient, dependable, and secure payment network, allowing individuals, businesses, and economies to prosper.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging, where your development is prioritized, your individuality is celebrated, and your work is valued. We think that economies that incorporate everyone and everything benefits everyone and everything. Your work will have a direct influence on billions of people worldwide, enabling financial access and enabling the future of money flow.
Join Visa: A Network That Serves Everyone.
- Business Outcomes, Accountable for meeting company objectives by increasing designated national business revenues (PV, MV, and CIF) and establishing new business possibilities. Monitor client business outcomes, anticipate obstacles, and take proactive ownership to meet country scorecard targets.
- Participate in the formulation of the West Africa strategy.
- Monitor the evolution of the banking, financial services, and payments industries, assess trends, and comprehend the elements influencing current and projected company results.
- Lead Visa’s strategy in Ghana with the government, central bank, and regulators.
- To mitigate business, operational, and brand risk, ensure proper controls are in place and aggressively manage compliance, regulatory, and reputational concerns (external and internal).
- As a member of the West Africa Leadership Team, provide monthly tracking of results and progress for company development. Monthly reporting is required.
- Revenues of more than $35 million are likely to increase year over year.
- To provide differentiated growth, orchestrate and allow the Ghana team to identify and execute a core set of strategic business priorities across the business.
- In collaboration with Finance and other relevant functions, orchestrate periodic strategic planning procedures and the formulation of long-term investment and revenue plans
- (e.g., MSO, AOPs, etc.).
- Allow and guide people in structuring and solving business challenges, cooperating and coordinating with a variety of functional stakeholders, and managing cross-functional teams.
- Navigate the Visa business through one of the most complicated and heavily regulated markets by evaluating government regulations and taking appropriate steps to ensure
- Visa’s market competitiveness.
- Control financial performance, forecasting, and budgeting. Expand the business by creating solutions that address the business needs of clients by utilizing Visa’s goods and services. Determine measurements and success factors for business expansion.
- Competitor strategies should be monitored, analyzed, and developed or responded to.
- Proactively collaborate with regional functions (finance, product, marketing, corporate relations, merchants, digital, compliance, risk, and human resources) to ensure that each function is aligned with and actively supports the country’s strategic objective.
- Provide an integral feedback loop on client-related issues to regional functions and other regions in order to shape and address client needs and develop meaningful solutions.
- Oversee national strategy and major account plans, as well as prioritize and organize product, client, and brand marketing campaigns in collaboration with the global and local marketing teams. Ensure that the playbook is designed in accordance with the needs of each client group and that the desired goals and results are met.
- Lead the client sales function, ensuring that enterprise/country specific targets and objectives are met or exceeded (direct client sales responsibility).
- Work with the mid-market manager to influence the country’s revenue growth from these clients.
- Understand and impact Visa and competitor product positioning and pricing in client product portfolios.
- Create a pipeline of unique and differentiated product and service capabilities aimed at achieving company goals/strategies.
- This is a hybrid role. Hybrid employees can work remotely and in the office at the same time.
- Employees in hybrid jobs are required to work from the office two days each week, on Tuesdays and Wednesdays, with a general guideline of being in the office 50% of the time, depending on business demands.
- Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent qualification is required.
- 12 years or more of industry experience, preferably in payments
- Excellent writing and vocal communication skills, as well as presentation abilities.
- Experience in client-facing jobs with a diverse range of key clients and stakeholders, ideally including financial institutions (banks), large retailers, global corporations, governments, local partners, and so on.
- Strong experience in banking/financial services/mobile networks/fintechs/government is required, as is card payment experience.
- Excellent knowledge of Visa, other payment systems, card products, and payment system activity in key markets.
- The ability to manage a wide range of indirect reporting relationships at all levels of the Visa and Client organizations.
- Experience in sales.
Characteristics of the Individual
- A bridge between people, communities, and clients throughout the country and across Visa.
- The highest ethical and integrity standards.
- A proven operator with the following important characteristics: the capacity to establish great client partnerships, the ability to be extremely innovative and collaborative, integrity, and a focus on people development.
- Curious, actively seeking feedback, and eager to learn. Open to new experiences and with a healthy dose of professional humility.
- In order to develop a strong community, role model leadership ideals and provide an environment in which people may be at their best.
Visa is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants shall be considered for employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status. Visa will also examine suitable applicants with criminal backgrounds for employment in accordance with EEOC guidelines and appropriate local legislation.
How to Apply for this Employment Opportunity at VISA
Closing Date: 5th December, 2023
For Jobs in China: