Kellogg Institute Visiting Fellowships
A Gateway to Global Scholarly Excellence and Collaboration
Kellogg Institute Visiting Fellowships Overview
For international students who want to study PhD and post doctoral degrees in the USA, Kellogg Institute Visiting Fellowships are available. Since 1983, the Kellogg Institute for International Studies has provided visiting fellowships in an effort to promote interdisciplinary global studies.
This well-known scholarship programme provides you the freedom to pursue your own academic interests, advance your studies, and collaborate with academics and professionals from all over the world.
As a visiting fellow, you are conducting research at the Kellogg Institute on issues related to democracy and human development, presenting your findings to the Notre Dame academic community, and having the opportunity to take part in the peer-reviewed Working Paper Series of Kellogg.
Level of Study: Doctoral & Post Doctoral
Institution(s): Kellogg Institute for International Studies
Kellogg Institute Visiting Fellowships Program Period:
Fellowships available for the academic year (August to May), fall semester (August to December), or spring semester (January to May). In select cases, two-year postdoctoral visiting fellowships may be granted to one or two applicants annually.
Kellogg Institute Visiting Fellowships Coverage
- Stipend: Financial support for recipients.
- Travel Expenses: Coverage for travel costs.
- Medical Insurance Benefits: Access to medical insurance.
- Partial Housing Subsidy: Assistance for housing at the Hesburgh Center Residences or other on-campus housing.
Eligibility Criteria for Kellogg Institute Visiting Fellowships
To qualify for Kellogg Institute Visiting Fellowships, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Language Requirement: Proficiency in English.
- Eligible Countries: Open to applicants from all countries.
- Promising Scholars: Junior and mid-career scholars, typically postdocs, assistant, or associate professors.
- Distinguished Scholars: Senior scholars with a proven track record of academic excellence.
- Policy and Scholarship Link: Accomplished policymakers, journalists, and practitioners whose expertise can bridge policy and scholarship.
- Ph.D. or Equivalent: In some cases, support may be extended to applicants with a Ph.D. or equivalent in other disciplines.
- No Ph.D. Required: The Institute welcomes applications from eminent scholars and practitioners without a Ph.D.
- ABD Graduate Students: Advanced ABD (All But Dissertation) graduate students may apply, but they must have completed their Ph.D. before commencing the fellowship.
- English Proficiency: Proficiency in the English language is essential.
- Foreign Nationals: Foreign nationals must possess a valid passport and be eligible to obtain a J-1 Visa.
Apply for Kellogg Institute Visiting Fellowships
Follow these steps to apply for the Kellogg Institute Visiting Fellowships:
- Create an Account: Register an account on the Kellogg Institute’s official website.
- Prepare Documents: A complete application should include the following documents uploaded via the online application system, in addition to filling out the Visiting Fellowship Application Form and Institutional Required Information Form (IRIF):
- A cover letter addressing your interest in the fellowship and specifying your preferred term of stay.
- Curriculum vitae.
- A research project statement (6–10 double-spaced pages).
- Project abstract (150 words maximum).
- Short bio (200-300 words).
- Provide names and email addresses for three letters of recommendation.
- Submit Your Application: Submit your completed application through the online system.
Kellogg Institute Visiting Fellowships offer a golden opportunity for scholars and practitioners globally. These fellowships cover financial, travel, and housing aspects, fostering a conducive environment for academic growth.
Eligibility is broad, welcoming scholars at various career stages, including those without a Ph.D. Advanced ABD graduate students are also encouraged.
Applying is straightforward, involving online document submission. Don’t miss out on this chance to contribute to international studies and policy. Visit the official website for more details and apply to fulfill your academic aspirations.
To Apply: Kellogg Institute Visiting Fellowships
For Scholarships in UK:Scholarships in UK
For Scholarships in Australia:Scholarships in Australia