Klaus Liebscher Economic Research Scholarship
Klaus Liebscher Economic Research Scholarship Overview
International students from all over the world are eligible for the Klaus Liebscher Economic Research Scholarships if they are interested in conducting postdoctoral research at the Oesterreichische Nationalbank (OeNB) during the 2024–2025 academic year. Depending on the scope of the consulting work, each scholarship recipient will receive a consulting fee. For the whole duration of the Scholarship, the fee cannot be more than 10,000 euros.
The “Klaus Liebscher Economic Research Scholarship” has been introduced by the Oesterreichische Nationalbank (OeNB) to replace the economic research scholarships previously given by its Economic Analysis and Research Department. Outstanding researchers are given the chance to contribute to the wide variety of research operations at the OeNB’s Economic Analysis and Research Department by offering consulting services through this Scholarship.
The Scholarship program seeks both Austrian and foreign professionals having a track record of postdoctoral research experience in economics and finance. Candidates must be actively employed by a research institution in Austria or abroad, and they should be eager to widen their research interests and develop their individual research networks in a climate of rising global research mobility.
Are you a postdoctoral researcher in the field of Economics and Finance? The Klaus Liebscher Economic Research Scholarship offers you an exciting opportunity. Explore the scholarship details, including eligibility criteria, application deadline, program duration, and benefits.
Level of Study: Postdoctoral
Institution(s): The Oesterreichische Nationalbank (OeNB)
Study in: Austria
Opportunity Focus Areas: Economics and Finance
Program Period: 3-6 months
Application Deadline: October 31, 2023
Take a moment to consider applying for the Fully Funded MEXT Scholarship for further educational opportunities.
The Klaus Liebscher Economic Research Scholarship provides the recipient with the following benefits:
- A consultancy fee, not exceeding EUR 10,000 for the entire scholarship period (net of value-added tax).
- If consultancy services are subject to value-added tax, the fee will be increased by the applicable sales tax rate (currently 20%).
- Please note that the scholarship recipient is responsible for their own accommodation during the consultancy period. The OeNB will assist in finding accommodation in Vienna if possible.
Eligibility Criteria for Klaus Liebscher Economic Research Scholarship
To qualify for the Klaus Liebscher Economic Research Scholarship, candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Required Language: Proficiency in English.
- Eligible Countries: Open to applicants from all countries worldwide.
- Educational Background: Candidates must hold a PhD or an equivalent degree and have a record of published work and scientific research in the fields specified in the call for scholarship applications.
- Nationality and Age: Applicants of any nationality and age are eligible.
- Individual Applications: Only applications submitted by natural persons will be accepted. Multiple applications for this scholarship program are not allowed.
- Expertise: Eligible candidates should be recognized experts with a proven track record in economic research and active integration within their research community.
- Employment: Applicants must provide proof of active employment with a research institution at the time of application and during the scholarship period.
- Previous Recipients: Individuals who have previously received a scholarship under this program cannot re-apply or seek renewal.
- Employment Restrictions: Employees of the European Central Bank or other central banks in the European System of Central Banks (ESCB) are ineligible for these scholarships.
How to Apply for Klaus Liebscher Economic Research Scholarship?
Follow these steps to apply for the Klaus Liebscher Economic Research Scholarship:
- Prepare the following documents and information:
- A motivational letter, including your preferred consultancy period.
- A detailed consultancy proposal.
- A description of your current research topics and activities.
- An academic curriculum vitae.
- An up-to-date list of your publications (or an extract from it).
- Names of two references that the OeNB may contact for additional information.
- Evidence of basic income (employment contract with your home institution) during the scholarship term, i.e., the consultancy period at the OeNB.
- Written confirmation from your home institution that the scholarship and consultancy services do not violate your employment contract with them.
- Compile all documents into a single PDF file.
- Send the PDF file to [email protected].
Unlock opportunities for postdoctoral research excellence with the Klaus Liebscher Economic Research Scholarship. Don’t miss your chance to advance your academic career.
For More Scholarships in UK:
For Scholarships in Australia: