MEXT Scholarship Overview
Read through this page if you want to study in Japan on a scholarship. Because we will outline the MEXT scholarship 2023, its advantages, and the step-by-step application process in this post.
A fully financed award for international students is the MEXT award 2023–2024. This grant is offered for undergraduate, graduate, doctoral, and training programs. The MEXT scholarship will pay for your tuition, housing, monthly living expenses, and round-trip air passage from your nation to Japan.
Under the Japanese Government (MEXT) Scholarships Program, the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT) of Japan provides financial aid to foreign students who want to pursue undergraduate or graduate-level research degrees at Japanese universities.
The MEXT Japanese Government Scholarship application cycle is typically issued in April. IELTS/TOEFL and Japanese language proficiency are not prerequisites for this fellowship.
This scholarship has been recommended by the Mext embassy. You will submit your application via the Japanese embassy there. (The URLs to every embassy are provided below).
Discover the remarkable opportunities provided by the MEXT Scholarship 2024. This fully funded scholarship offers a wide range of study programs in Japan, including undergraduate, master’s, Ph.D., and training. Delve into the scholarship details, covering levels of study, application deadlines, eligible courses, program duration, and comprehensive scholarship coverage.
Level of Study: Undergraduate / Masters / PhD / Training
Institution(s): Japanese Universities
Study in: Japan
Choose from a diverse array of courses spanning various disciplines at Japanese Universities:
- Social Science
- And many more, with no academic field restrictions.
- Undergraduate: 4-5 Years
- Masters: 2-3 Years
- Ph.D.: 3-4 Years
Scholarship Deadline: Deadlines vary by Embassy
The MEXT Scholarship 2024 offers a fully funded educational experience in Japan, providing recipients with the following benefits:
- Monthly Stipend Allowance
- Preparatory Allowance (2024 Rate)
- Education Fees covering Entrance Examination and Tuition Fees
- Traveling Expenses, including round-trip airfare from your country to Japan (Economy-class ticket)
- Accommodations in residence halls for international students provided by universities
To qualify for the MEXT Scholarship, candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Required Language: Proficiency in English
- Eligible Countries: Open to applicants from all countries worldwide with diplomatic relations with Japan
- Nationality: Applicants must not possess Japanese nationality at the time of application
- Age Criteria:
- Undergraduate Students: Between 17 and 25 years of age, with 12 years of school education or equivalent
- Masters / PhD Students: Under 35 years of age and a college graduate (or prospective graduate)
- Teacher Training Students: Under 35 years of age, a graduate of a college or teacher training college, and at least five years of teaching experience
- Japanese Study Students: Ages 18 to 30, enrolled in Japanese language or culture programs outside Japan
How to Apply
Follow these application instructions to apply for the MEXT Scholarship:
- Find the Japanese Embassy or Consulate in your country here.
- Visit your country’s Japanese Embassy website, where you can locate the MEXT scholarship application form.
- Download and complete the MEXT scholarship application form.
- Submit the required documents (see the list below) to your country’s Japanese Embassy.
- A written test will be conducted by the Japanese Embassy, followed by candidate interviews.
- Successful candidates will be notified through email or the embassy website.
- MEXT Scholarship Application form
- Officially verified highest degree certificates (with official stamps)
- Officially verified transcripts of the highest degree (including grading system)
- Two recommendation letters in English
- Passport Scan (if available at the time of application)
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) for research students
- Study plan / Statement of purpose in English (for research students)
- English Language Proficiency Document (if applicable)
- Academic thesis or relevant publications (for research students)
- Other reference documents (if applicable)
Embark on an enriching educational journey with the MEXT Scholarship 2024 and experience the excellence of Japanese education. Don’t miss this opportunity to enhance your academic and cultural horizons!
For More Scholarships in UK:
For Scholarships in Australia: