MOFA Taiwan Fellowship
MOFA Taiwan Fellowship Overview
Make Taiwan your research destination. happy news The MOFA Taiwan Fellowship application period is currently open. In this article, we’ll go into great detail regarding this fellowship program, its advantages, and how to apply.
A fully financed research award for international students and researchers is the MOFA Taiwan Fellowship 2024–2025. This fellowship offers the recipient up to NT$60,000, a round-trip economy class ticket, and NT$1 million in accident insurance coverage (plus NT$50,000 in medical insurance for unintentional injuries).
The Ministry of International Affairs (MOFA) established the MOFA Taiwan Fellowship to support advanced study at universities or academic institutions in Taiwan by international specialists and researchers interested in Taiwan, cross-strait relations, the Asia-Pacific area, and Sinology.
This program has so far welcomed 934 scholars from 78 different nations. In line with the APEC Scholarship Initiative, MOFA Taiwan Fellowship offers 12 Chinese Taipei APEC Fellowship positions each year that are only open to academics and professionals from developing APEC economies. The annual budget for MOFA will determine the total number of grantees.
- Level of Study: Research Fellowship
- Institution(s): Ministry of Foreign Affairs / Taiwan Universities
- Study Location: Taiwan
- Courses Offered:
- Social Studies
- Regional Studies
- Cross-Strait Relations
- Program Period: Three to twelve months. Applications are open in May and June each year, with research conducted in Taiwan starting as early as January of the following year.
- Application Deadline: May 1 to June 30, 2023
Recipients of the MOFA Taiwan Fellowship enjoy the following benefits:
- Monthly grants disbursed at the beginning of each month.
- Professors, associate professors, research fellows, or associate research fellows: NT$60,000.
- Assistant professors, assistant research fellows, or doctoral candidates: NT$50,000.
- One round-trip, economy-class ticket for the most direct route to Taiwan, partially subsidized.
- Accident insurance coverage, including NT$50,000 for medical insurance related to accidental injuries, totaling NT$1 million.
Note: During the fellowship period, recipients cannot receive other scholarships from governmental agencies, public or private academic institutions in Taiwan. Part-time work is not allowed without MOFA’s consent.
Eligibility Criteria for MOFA Taiwan Fellowship:
To be eligible for the MOFA Taiwan Fellowship, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Language Requirement: Proficiency in English
- Eligible Countries: Open to applicants from all countries worldwide.
- Recipients should be foreign professors, associate professors, assistant professors, post-doctoral researchers, doctoral candidates, or students in doctoral programs in related departments at overseas universities. They can also be research fellows at an equivalent level in academic institutions abroad.
- Recipients must submit their research findings in writing (at least 20 pages) to MOFA within three months after completing the project.
- During their stay in Taiwan, recipients are expected to participate in academic seminars and relevant activities organized by MOFA and commissioned organizers.
How to Apply for MOFA Taiwan Fellowship:
Follow these steps to apply for the MOFA Taiwan Fellowship:
- Review the application guidelines and prepare the following documents:
- Resume (including a publication list)
- Research proposal
- Two letters of recommendation and one letter of agreement from the highest administrative director of your institution.
- Complete the online application and upload the required documents.
- Print the completed application and send it to the R.O.C. (Taiwan) Embassy or Representative Office by post.
Note: If circumstances prevent you from traveling, you can delay the grant’s implementation by applying through your local ROC (Taiwan) embassy or representative office. Approval may require completing research within the same calendar year (before December 31).
Seize the opportunity to advance your research career in Taiwan with the MOFA Taiwan Fellowship. Apply now and embark on a transformative research journey in this vibrant nation.
For More Scholarships in UK:
For Scholarships in Australia: