Scholarship Description: The scholarship is open to the postgraduate students who are enrolling or intending to enroll full-time as a Monash Juris Doctor student. The scholarship is available for Australian and international citizens.
Scholarship Provider: Founded in 1958, Monash University is the second oldest university in the State of Victoria. It has a number of campuses and also has a research and teaching center in Prato, Italy, a graduate research school in Mumbai, India and a graduate school in Suzhou, China.
Degree Level: Scholarship is available to study the Juris doctor program
Scholarship Benefits: Scholarship will be awarded worth up to $1000 and an additional $3000 & will cover the tuition fee
Number of Scholarship: Variable depending on funding
Eligible Nationalities: Applicants who are Australian and international citizens are eligible to apply for the scholarship
Available Subjects: Scholarship will be awarded for the postgraduate study in the Juris Doctor Program
Eligibility Criteria: The applicant must meet the following criteria:
The applicant must be an Australian citizen, a New Zealand citizen, an Australian permanent resident, Australian humanitarian visa holder or an International student
The applicant must be a commencing Monash University postgraduate student who is enrolled or intending to enroll full-time as a Monash Juris Doctor student, attending the Monash Law City Campus
The applicant must completion, or are about to complete, an undergraduate degree or equivalent qualification recognized for admission to the Monash JD program with a minimum GPA of 6.9/ 7.0 or LSAT score of above 170
From one or more of Monash University’s defined equity or personal disadvantage groups:
- Financial disadvantage
- Indigenous Australians
- Recent refugee
- Experiencing difficult circumstances
- From regional and remote areas of Australia
- Have a disability or long-term medical condition
To apply, submit your application directly to Monash. Applications are open now and close Trimester 2-11 March and Trimester 3-1 July 2019.
The applicant must need to take admission for the scholarship.
Awarded on the basis of academic achievement.
- The scholarship will cover the tuition fees paid and $1000 pa for the minimum number of credit points required to complete the degree
- An Additional $3000 one-off payment to international students in their first year of study to contribute to travel and relocation costs
To retain this scholarship:
- You must maintain full-time (48 credit points) study load
- You must maintain a credit average (60% or above) each semester
Deadline: March 11, 2019