PhD Scholarships for International Students in Italy 2014-15 (Economics)
Sant’Anna School of Advanced Studies (thereafter, the “School”), together with the University of Strasbourg, announces for the Academic Year 2014/2015 a public competition to attend the International Doctoral Program in Economics. Four full scholarships for the duration of four years will be available.
- Scholarships are awarded in Economics.
- Scholarships are available for pursuing PhD degree.
Eligibility: -Applicants, with no restriction on nationality, must hold a Master of Science (M.Sc.) or a Master of Arts (M.A.) or equivalent title. -Current undergraduate students who will be awarded such a degree before October 1, 2014, may also apply. In this case, a successful application will be conditional to the subsequent completion of the degree and the transmission to the Scuola Superiore Sant’Anna of adequate documentation, also in electronic form, no later than October 1, 2014.
- International students can apply for these PhD scholarships.
- Four full PhD scholarships are offered.
- These PhD scholarships are offered for 4 years.
- The scholarship is amounting to €14.000 (gross amount) per year + free lunches at the school’s canteen + Campus facilities. The Scuola Superiore Sant’Anna may also admit eligible candidates without grants. They will take part in the Programme at their own expenses but they will not have to pay any tuition fee.
- Selection of applicants will be based upon the assessment of all the submitted documents and publications.
- Ranking List of eligible candidates published no later than June 11, 2014.
- Candidates are requested to apply online. Required documents are as follows: -the copy of a valid identity document. Non-UE applicants will have to provide a photocopy of their passport; -the complete Curriculum Vitae et Studiorum covering scientific training, professional experiences, publications and all other information that might help in the evaluation of the candidate; -the academic record with the full list of courses and grades (in English, French or Italian); -the copy of the Master thesis, when applicable (or a copy of its abstract in English or in French or in Italian), and a copy of any other publication that they deem suitable (works written in languages other than Italian, English, or French must be accompanied by a summary in one of the above languages); -the copy of a Research Project, of no more than 2.500 words, which describes the research activities that applicants would like to perform during the PhD course. The candidate may freely opt to change his/her research topics during the postgraduate program. However, the research project offers an indication of the research interests and is an important element for the evaluation of the potential of the candidate; -At least two recommendation letters written and signed by faculty members or other academics who had the opportunity to assess the applicant’s work during his/her university studies are required. These letters must be sent directly via e-mail by the referees to the following address info-phdeconomics-at-sssup.it, before the deadline. In the subject line of the email there should be written the surname and name of the candidate. E-mails that do not satisfy this requirement may not be taken into account.
- The application deadline is May 7, 2014.