International Postdoctoral Fellowship Program at University of Bordeaux, France
Applications are invited for postdoctoral fellowship available for international candidates to achieve a further step in their career in the outstanding research environment of the University of Bordeaux. Candidates promoting an original and innovative research project in one of the scientific priorities of IdEx Bordeaux will be considered with particular attention. To be eligible, applicants should hold a doctorate awarded by a non-French institution and be in an incoming mobility situation (not having resided in France for more than 12 months in the last 3 years). The funding includes a maximum two-year post-doctoral contract (one-year contract that may be renewed), and a contribution to project-related fees (travel, consumables, etc.).
Candidates promoting an original and innovative research project in one of the scientific priorities of IdEx Bordeaux will be considered with particular attention.
These comprise the following domains:
- Materials Science
- Numerical certification & reliability
- Lasers & phonetics
- Global Health
- Translational Imaging
Fellowship is awarded for pursuing Postdoctoral Programme.
The applicants must fulfil the following criteria in order to submit an application for the programme:
- Applicants should hold a doctorate awarded by a non-French institution and be in an incoming mobility situation (not having resided in France for more than 12 months in the last 3 years). Fellows should not have previously held a research position in Bordeaux area.
- Applicants must be supported by a local researcher and by his/her laboratory.
- The doctoral degree should have been awarded between 4 years before the end of the present call (+1 year per maternity/paternity leave with a maximum of 2 years), and not later than 2 months after the end of the call.
- Applicants must promote their own research project to be carried in the laboratory of their choice for a maximum period of two years.
- The funding includes a maximum two-year postdoctoral contract (one-year contract that may be renewed),
- A contribution to project-related fees (travel, consumables, etc.).
- Proposals must be submitted electronically via the web-based application page on their portal.
- The evaluation is done by a dedicated panel, including external personalities and authoritative researchers from the site. The excellence of the fellowship candidate is the primary recruitment criterion. Nevertheless, this criterion has to be assessed keeping in mind that the programme is addressing early career development. The other equally important issue addressed by the programme is to ensure smooth integration of the fellow into the proper scientific environment, the second essential criterion for judging merit is thus related to the scientific project presented by the candidate, including the consistency between the proposed activities during the fellowship and the research priorities of the University of Bordeaux, as well as the further career ambition of the candidate: perspectives for teaching in the case of candidates envisaging an academic career, leadership skill development for candidates envisaging a career in research team management, etc.
- Final results will be in May 2015.
Application Deadline: 02 Feb 2015
Please Click Here to visit the Official website of University.
Share this scholarships for others