Robert S. McNamara Fellowships Program
Empowering Scholars to Drive Positive Global Change
Robert S. McNamara Fellowships Program Overview
International students may apply for the fully funded Robert S. McNamara Fellowships Programme scholarship. This fellowship can award up to $42,750 net per fellow for an 8-month fellowship and is accessible for PhD study.
The World Bank Robert S. McNamara Fellowship Programme awards fellowships to Ph.D. candidates from poor nations so they can pursue innovative, development-related PhD studies at a partner organisation abroad over a 6–10 month residency period.
Key Program Features:
- Professional Experience: Fellows work on World Bank projects under direct supervision of World Bank DEC researchers, gaining hands-on experience and engaging with World Bank operations.
- Capacity Building: Fellows receive one-week technical onboarding at the program’s start, including training on reproducible research practices. Continuous education sessions and skill-building opportunities are provided throughout the program.
- Research Dissemination: Fellows are encouraged to write blogs based on their research, providing a platform to showcase their work and contribute to development policy discussions.
Robert S. McNamara Fellowships Summary:
- Level of Study: PhD
Institution(s): World Bank
- Study in: Any Country
- Courses Offered: Choose between Development Research Department and Impact Evaluation Department within World Bank’s Development Economics Vice Presidency (DEC).
- Deadline: Application opens in March
Robert S. McNamara Fellowships Coverage
The Robert S. McNamara Fellowships Program offers:
- A generous stipend of $42,750 net per fellow for an 8-month fellowship, paid in monthly installments.
Since fellows will be based at the World Bank in Washington D.C., selected candidates will receive assistance from the World Bank’s HR department for visa applications through invitation letters.
Note: The fellowship does not cover visa application expenses, travel costs, or any other expenses related to bringing or supporting family members.
Eligibility Criteria for Robert S. McNamara Fellowships
Applicants must meet the following criteria to be eligible:
- Required Languages: English
- Eligible Countries: Nationals of World Bank WBG member countries, with preference given to nationals of developing countries.
- Education: Graduates of MA-level studies or currently pursuing a PhD in Economics or a related field.
- Age: Applicants should be no more than 35 years old by June 30th of the year the fellowship begins.
- Availability: Applicants must be available to relocate to Washington, D.C. for the duration of the fellowship.
Application Process for Robert S. McNamara Fellowships Program
To apply for this prestigious program, please visit the official website (provided at the end of this article). Here are important instructions to help you navigate the application process:
- Complete the RSMFP application online by the Application Deadline date.
- Required documents include a resume, a statement of research interests, contact details for a letter of recommendation, and optional submissions of a writing sample and code sample.
- Ensure that all required documents are uploaded online. Submissions via email, post, or any means other than the online application form will not be considered.
For more details about the Robert S. McNamara Fellowships Program, including application procedures and guidelines, please visit the official website.
Don’t miss this opportunity to shape the future of global development through research and collaboration with the World Bank.
To Apply: Robert S. McNamara Fellowships Program
For Scholarships in UK:Scholarships in UK
For Scholarships in Australia:Scholarships in Australia