The SIM Global Education Scholarship is awarded to outstanding local and international students to pursue verseas Bachelor’s degree programmes at SIM Global Education (SIM GE). Up to 35 scholarships will be awarded each year to deserving new and existing students. The categories of scholarship are:
Academic Excellence and Leadership
Awards are granted to outstanding students who have achieved academic excellence and demonstrated leadership qualities both in and outside the classroom.
Sports and Artistic Talent
Awards are granted to athletes who possess an impressive track record of achievement in sports or individuals with outstanding artistic talents.
- Open to Singapore citizens, permanent residents and international students
- Outstanding Singapore-Cambridge GCE ‘A’ Level, Local Polytechnic Diploma, IB Diploma or Year 12 equivalent qualifications
- An impressive community contribution and co-curricular activities involvement record
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
TENURE OF SCHOLARSHIP
The scholarship is tenable for the minimum period required to complete the full course of study, as stipulated by the programme.
VALUE OF SCHOLARSHIP
The award covers tuition fees, examination fees and other compulsory fees, as well as abook allowance. There is no bond attached to the scholarship.
There are two application periods per year:
- March for programmes commencing in the second half of the current year. (UOL existing students are only eligible to apply in March)
- September for programmes commencing in the first half of the following year.
Closing dates for application are on the last day of March and September respectively.
Applicants must separately seek admission to their programmes of choice and must be accepted for admission before being awarded the scholarship.
- All shortlisted candidates are required to undergo an interview by the SIM Global Education Scholarships Selection Panel. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified through phone call if your application is successful.
- SIM Global Education does not enter into any correspondence on the award of the Scholarship and reserves the right to vary the terms and conditions of any SIM Global Education Scholarship without prior notice.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Scholar is required to sit for all tests, assessments and examinations and obtain the Qualification within the minimum period required of study
- Scholar is not allowed to change the Programme at any time
- Scholar shall not take up or register or enroll in any diploma or degree course(s) without the prior written approval of the Sponsor
- Scholar shall not, without the prior written approval of the Sponsor, hold the Scholarship Award concurrently with any other scholarship or tuition grant
- Academic performance will be reviewed every semester
- The Scholarship may be withdrawn at any time if, in the opinion of the Sponsor, the scholar’s progress or behaviour is deemed unsatisfactory
For more information, please contact Ms Goh Lili at:
Tel : (65) 6248 1929
E-mail: [email protected]
Please send completed form to:
Student Care, Student Life Office
Blk B, Level 1
461 Clementi Road
Or drop it into the ‘Student Care Drop Box’ located next to Student Life Office