Southern Illinois University Edwardsville
Scholarships in USA for USA citizens and international students
The purpose of the Competitive Graduate Award (CGA) program is to support highly qualified new graduate students who are accepted into advanced degree programs at SIUE.
Competitive Graduate Award is available for student who has accepted as a classified student in a masters degree program at SIUE and whose first term of enrollment will be no earlier than the summer preceding the award period. There will be approximately 19 CGA awards granted for the nine-month academic year (fall and spring semesters). The award includes a monthly stipend as well as waiver of tuition. The amount of the stipend is $8,370 ($930 per month). The application deadline is January 9, 2015.
- Awards are available in all subjects offered by the SIUE.
- Award is available for undertaking masters degree program at SIUE.
- Southern Illinois University Edwardsville USA Scholarships for USA Students, Citizens and International Students
Eligibility: An applicant must be a new graduate student who is accepted as a classified student in a masters degree program at SIUE and whose first term of enrollment will be no earlier than the summer preceding the award period. SIUE undergraduates approved for admission to a 3+2 program may submit an application provided their eligibility for such enrollment does not occur before the summer preceding the award period.
Scholarship Open for International Students:
US and international students can apply for these graduate awards.
- There will be approximately 19 CGA awards.
- Awards are available for nine-month academic year (fall and spring semesters).
- The award includes a monthly stipend as well as waiver of tuition. The amount of the stipend is $8,370 ($930 per month). Recipients are responsible for fees.
Selection Criteria: The Graduate Student Award Committee reviews each eligible application. The Committee bases its recommendations on criteria such as:
- -overall grade point average
- -grade point average in undergraduate major
- -evidence of applicant’s intellectual curiosity
- -applicant’s potential to excel in graduate work
- -confidence applicant will complete the master’s degree
- -extent to which applicant is likely to benefit from the CGA
- -strength of recommendation letters
- -strength of evaluation by graduate program
Notification: The Graduate School notifies departments and applicants by email and/or mail of results in mid-April.
How to Apply: To be eligible for consideration for a CGA, an applicant must have both a complete CGA application and a complete degree seeking admissions application on file for fall by the CGA deadline. It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that both the CGA application and admissions application packets are complete by the deadline. Incomplete applications may not be reviewed.
Deadline is January 9, 2015.
Read More : Scholarships in USA
Share this scholarship for others