Study or Work Abroad Scholarships Program for Canadian Students 2015
Study or Work abroad scholarships programs for Canadian students offered by The Irving K. Barber British Columbia Scholarship Society in partnership with the Victoria Foundation.Scholarships are awarded to participate in academic, cultural, language or experiential study programs outside of Canada and the United States. One world international scholarship range between $1,000-$3,500. Premier’s International Scholarships of $6,000 to $10,000 are awarded. International Scholarship applicants can also self-select to be considered for high-value Premier’s International Scholarships ($6,000-$10,000) if they meet additional criteria. The Last date of submission of application is April 30, 2015.
Participating Institute: The Irving K. Barber British Columbia Scholarship Society in partnership with the Victoria Foundation
Study Subject(s): Scholarships are awarded to participate in academic, cultural, language or experiential study programs.
DegreeLevel: Scholarships are available to students pursuing study or work abroad programs outside of Canada or the United States of America.
Eligibility: To be eligible for Study or Work abroad scholarships following eligibility conditions are required:
- you are a Canadian citizen or permanent resident (landed immigrant);
- you are a British Columbia resident, defined as having lived at an address in the province for at least 12 months
- prior to the scholarship application deadline;
- you are enrolled in an academic program at a public BC post-secondary institution leading to a credential that requires at least one year of full-time study and have been accepted into an eligible study or work abroad program;
- you have achieved an academic standing suitable to an overseas study/work program, as determined by your post
- you are able to demonstrate links between the study/work abroad experience you are pursuing and your education goals;
- you have demonstrated some extracurricular involvement in your current educational institution and/or community;
- you are not planning a study/work activity in a country from which you have emigrated within the past ten years;
- you are able to begin your study term within twelve months of receiving notification of an award;
- you plan to return to British Columbia after completing your studies abroad for further education and/or work.
Additional Eligibility Criteria-Premier’s International Scholarship: If you also wish to be considered for a Premier’s International Scholarship ($6,000 – $10,000), you must meet the additional criteria below:
- Your study/work abroad program begins between May 2015 and April 2016
- Your study/work abroad program is a minimum of three months in length
- You have achieved a B+ or equivalent academic standing
Eligible Nationalities: Canadian citizen or permanent resident (landed immigrant) can apply for this study abroad scholarship.
One world international scholarship is available.
Selection Criteria: To receive a scholarship, students’ applications should demonstrate:
- interest and involvement in their educational institution and/or community;
- past experiences that relate how they will be successful in their studies abroad (e.g. independence, leadership, maturity, previous travel experience, familiarity with the language, cultural sensitivity); and
- a clear link between their proposed study/work abroad experience and their educational/career goals.
Note: Preference will be given to students pursuing their first degree.
- Notification: You will be notified of the results of your application by the institution through which you applied. If you receive a scholarship, payments will be issued to you directly from the Irving K. Barber British Columbia Scholarship Society.
Application Procedure: Applications should be submitted via post. Please do not email applications. Hand-delivered applications will, however, be accepted.
Deadline: The application deadline is April 30, 2015.
Further Official Scholarship Information and Application