Swedish Scholarships (SISGP) Overview
Continue your education in Sweden. happy news SISGP (Swedish Institute Scholarships for Global Professionals) Scholarship applications are now being accepted. In this article, we’ll go into great detail regarding this scholarship program, its advantages, and how to apply.
A fully financed master’s scholarship is available to international students through the Swedish Institute Scholarships for Global Professionals (SISGP) program. This scholarship covers all tuition costs as well as living expenses ($10,000/month), a travel grant ($15,000), and other costs.
International students can apply for scholarships from the Swedish Scholarships for Global Professionals (SISGP) to study for their master’s degree in Sweden. The Swedish government’s international awards program, the Swedish Institute Scholarships for Global Professionals (SISGP) program, aims to cultivate world leaders who will support the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development of the United Nations. The Swedish Institute (SI) oversees its administration and receives funding from Sweden’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
Starting in the autumn semester of 2024, around 300 scholarships will be offered for full-time master’s study in Sweden. Normally, SISGP scholarships are given to 1-2% of applicants.
- Level of Study: Master’s
- Institution: Swedish Institute
- Study in: Sweden
- Program Period: 1 or 2 Years
- Admission Deadlines: January 16, 2024
- Scholarship Application Period: February 10, 2024 – February 28, 2024
Opportunity Focus Areas
The Swedish Institute Scholarships for Global Professionals (SISGP) offer opportunities across a wide range of master’s programs starting in the autumn semester of 2024. Some of the eligible programs include, but are not limited to:
- Computer Science
- Biomedical Engineering
- Business Studies
Check the complete list of eligible master’s programs for SISGP.
Recipients of the Swedish Institute Scholarships for Global Professionals (SISGP) receive comprehensive financial support, including:
- Tuition Fees: Covered directly by the Swedish Institute.
- Living Expenses: SEK 10,000/month.
- Travel Grant: SEK 15,000.
- Insurance: Coverage against illness and accidents.
- Membership: Access to the SI Network for Future Global Leaders (NFGL) for professional growth and networking during your time in Sweden.
- SI Alumni Network: Continued networking and further professional development after the scholarship period.
Eligibility Criteria for Swedish Scholarships for Global Professionals (SISGP)
To qualify for the SISGP, candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Language Requirement: Proficiency in English.
- Eligible Countries: Citizenship of a country eligible for the scholarship program (refer to country list).
- Work Experience: A minimum of 3,000 hours of demonstrated employment.
- Leadership Experience: Demonstrated leadership experience from current or previous employment.
- University Admissions: Eligible for tuition fees at Swedish universities, followed university admission steps, and admitted to one of the eligible master’s programs by April 3, 2024.
- Country of Citizenship: Citizenship of an eligible country.
- Dual Citizenship: If holding dual citizenships, choose one eligible citizenship for applying to SI scholarship programs.
How to Apply for Swedish Scholarships for Global Professionals (SISGP)?
Follow these steps to apply for SISGP:
(1) Apply for a Master’s Program
- Apply for up to four eligible master’s programs at universityadmissions.se by January 16, 2024. Only master’s programs listed as eligible are suitable for SISGP.
- After applying, you’ll receive an eight-digit personal application number, which you’ll need when applying for SISGP.
- February 10, 2024, is the deadline for application fees and supporting documents required by University Admissions. Ensure you meet these deadlines to remain eligible for the SI scholarship. Note that the eligibility and application processes for SI scholarships and university admissions are distinct.
(2) Apply for an Swedish Scholarships
- Apply for an Swedish Scholarships between February 10 and February 28, 2024, following the instructions provided.
- During this period, submit the required documents digitally through the online application portal.
- Required documents include a motivation letter, CV, two different letters of reference, proof of work and leadership experience, and a copy of your passport.
Note: Notifications from university admissions will be sent on March 30, 2024. The announcement of 300 successful SI scholarship recipients will be made on April 27, 2024.
Secure your Swedish Institute Scholarship and embark on an enriching master’s journey in Sweden. Apply now to access a world of academic opportunities!
For more Scholarships in the UK:
For Scholarships in Australia: