Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships
Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships Overview
Continue your education Switzerland. happy news Current openings for the Swiss Government Excellence Scholarship. We will go into great detail regarding this scholarship in this article, along with its advantages and step-by-step instructions for applying.
For international students, the Swiss Government Excellence award 2024–2025 is a fully financed award. This grant is available for postdoctoral, PhD, and master’s degree study. In addition to a monthly payment, this scholarship covers housing costs, health insurance, and tuition expenses.
The Federal Commission of Scholarships (FCS), in association with the government of Switzerland, sponsors the Swiss Scholarship. More than 180 countries get scholarships from the Swiss Government. Any participant may be of any nationality. Young doctors and highly educated postgraduate researchers from all academic disciplines may apply for this grant.
Research scholarships are given for research or study at all Swiss cantonal universities, universities of applied sciences, and the two federal institutes of technology. They are available to post-graduate researchers in any discipline who plan to travel to Switzerland to pursue research or further studies at the doctoral or post-doctoral level.
- Level of Study: Masters, PhD, Postdoctoral
- Institution(s): Swiss Government / Swiss Universities
- Study Location: Switzerland
- Opportunity Focus Areas: Various disciplines
- Program Period: Depends on the chosen degree
- Deadline: Country-specific
Discover Excellence in Switzerland
The Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships offer you the chance to pursue your academic dreams in Switzerland. Whether you’re interested in research or the arts, this program supports master’s, PhD, and postdoctoral studies at leading Swiss universities.
Recipients of the Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships enjoy the following benefits:
- A monthly payment of CHF 1,920
- Mandatory Swiss health insurance for non-EU and non-EFTA grantees
- Flight allowance for returning to the home country (for non-EU and non-EFTA grantees)
- Special CHF 300 housing allowance (one-time payment)
- One-year half-fare public transportation card
- Support services, various trips, dinners, and sightseeing tours organized for scholarship holders
Please refer to country-specific fact sheets for precise scholarship benefits.
To qualify for Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships, candidates must meet these requirements:
- Required Language: English
- Eligible Countries: All countries worldwide
- Possession of a master’s degree or equivalent university degree achieved before July 31, 2022, recognized by Swiss universities
- Born after December 31, 1987
- Not residing in Switzerland for more than one year at the start of the scholarship in September
- Provide a letter from an academic host professor at the chosen Swiss university confirming their willingness to supervise and support the research
- Develop a research proposal with a time frame as the centerpiece of the application
- Proficiency in the necessary language skills for research/studies
- Previous Swiss Government Excellence Scholarship recipients are ineligible for a second scholarship
- Expected to relocate to Switzerland during the grant period
Please refer to country-specific fact sheets for specific eligibility criteria.
How to Apply
To apply for Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships, follow these steps:
- Prepare the following documents:
- Signed FCS application form (typed and printed)
- Full CV with academic publications and awards
- Motivation letter (max. 2 pages)
- Complete research proposal (max. 5 pages, signed), using the FCS research proposal
- Copy of the letter from an academic host professor at the chosen Swiss university
- Short CV of the academic mentor at the home institution
- Two confidential letters of recommendation from different professors in the applicant’s field (use the FCS reference form)
- Photocopies of certificates, grade sheets, and diplomas with grades, starting with the most recent, with certified translations in English if necessary
- Signed medical certificate (use the FCS health certificate form)
- Two copies of the applicant’s passport (main page with personal data). Dual nationals should include copies of both passports.
- Obtain the application package from the Swiss representation in your country.
- Submit two sets of application documents: one original set with signed documents and confidential letters of recommendation, and one copy set. Do not put the documents in plastic folders or binders.
Don’t miss this opportunity to advance your studies and research in Switzerland. Apply for the Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships and open the door to academic excellence!
For More Scholarships in UK:
For Scholarships in Australia: