Thailand Government Scholarships
Thailand Government Scholarships Overview
Take up your studies in Thailand. happy news Thailand Government Scholarships application process is currently open. In this article, we’ll go into great detail regarding this scholarship program, its advantages, and how to apply.
For 2023–2024, the Thai government will give fully financed masters scholarships to international students through the Thailand International Postgraduate Program (TIPP). Scholarships from the Thai government include a living allowance, housing allowance, relocation funds, book allowance, and thesis allowance.
As a framework for offering postgraduate scholarships to developing partners, the Thailand International Postgraduate Program (TIPP) was launched in 2000. TIPP provides chances for Thailand and its partners to exchange experiences and best practices that would support long-term and sustainable development for all since it believes that knowledge sharing is a crucial tenet of South-South Cooperation.
The AITC training courses and the TIPP scholarships, which aim to share Thailand’s best practices and experience with the rest of the world, concentrate on development issues that are within our area of expertise and can be divided into five themes: climate change, food security, public health, other topics related to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), and “Sufficiency Economy Philosophy” (SEP), which Thailand is proud to introduce as the highlighted theme. SEP has been included with the intention of providing a glimpse into our domestic development strategy, which is a crucial element in maintaining Thailand’s stable economic trajectory toward sustainable development in many areas.
TICA believes that by offering the Thailand International Postgraduate Program and the Annual International Training Course, we are contributing in some little way to a sustainable future for Thailand.
- Level of Study: Masters
- Institution: Thailand University / Thailand Government
- Study Location: Thailand
- Opportunity Focus Areas: Check here for a comprehensive list of available courses.
- Program Period: The scholarship covers the normal duration of the chosen course.
Thailand Government Scholarships offer a comprehensive package that includes:
- Return Economy Class Air Ticket and Airport Pickup Service.
- Domestic Travel within Thailand.
- A Monthly Living Allowance of 7,000 Baht.
- Accommodation Allowance: 7,000 Baht per month (in regional provinces) or 9,000 Baht per month (in Bangkok and Phuket).
- Settlement Money: 6,000 Baht upon arrival in Thailand.
- Books Allowance: 10,000 Baht per year (up to 4 semesters for Master’s degrees).
- Thesis allowance of 20,000 Baht for compulsory fieldwork or data collection and a lump sum amount of 12,000 Baht for thesis printing or 8,000 Baht for independent study (IS) printing.
- Tuition Fee: Awardees’ tuition fees will be directly reimbursed by TICA, excluding equipment insurance fees, transcript fees, and certificate fees.
- Health & Medical Coverage.
Eligibility Criteria for Thailand Government Scholarships
To qualify for Thailand Government Scholarships, candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Required Language: Proficiency in English. Candidates whose first language is not English and whose Bachelor’s degree was not taught in English must pass an English Language proficiency test based on criteria announced by the university regulation.
- Eligible Countries: Refer to the List of Eligible Countries.
- Candidates must be nominated by the National Focal Point for International Development Cooperation in a country from the TIPP eligible countries/territories list.
- Candidates must hold a Bachelor’s degree or have professional experience in a field related to the graduate degree they are applying for.
- Candidates should be employed in a field related to the course provided.
- Age should be less than 50 years.
- Candidates must be in good physical and mental condition.
- TICA reserves the right to revoke scholarships offered to awardees who violate rules and regulations.
- Additional requirements may be considered based on university regulations.
How to Apply for Thailand Government Scholarships?
Follow these steps to apply for Thailand Government Scholarships and embark on your educational journey in Thailand:
- Online Application: Fill out the online application form on the TICA website.
- Nomination: Candidates must be nominated by the National Focal Point for International Development Cooperation (e.g., Ministry of Foreign Affairs) or relevant central government agencies for which the nominated candidates currently work. Nominations must align with the relevant rules and regulations of the nominating countries/territories. The National Focal Point will forward the nominated candidates’ documents to the Royal Thai Embassy/Permanent Mission of Thailand to the United Nations/Royal Thai Consulate – General accredited to eligible countries/territories.
- Prepare Required Documents: Assemble the following documents in triplicate:
- TIPP application form
- Medical report
- Transcript of Bachelor’s degree
- Certificate of Bachelor’s degree
- English test score (e.g., TOEFL, IELTS)
- Recommendation Letter (from at least 3 people)
- Thesis proposal or other documents (as required by the university)
- Ensure all forms are duly filled out and endorsed by the candidates’ supervisor and the National Focal Point for International Development Cooperation. All related documents must be in English. Each eligible country/territory can nominate up to five (5) candidates per academic program.
- Submit Documents: Complete the application procedure by submitting the hard copy of the application form and other related documents through the Royal Thai Embassy/Permanent Mission of Thailand to the United Nations/Royal Thai Consulate – General accredited to eligible countries/territories.
Don’t miss this opportunity to pursue a Master’s degree in Thailand with the support of the Thailand Government Scholarships. Apply before the deadline and set your educational journey in motion.
For More Scholarships in UK:
For Scholarships in Australia: