The HAAA Scholarship at Harvard University
The HAAA Scholarship at Harvard University
Are you dreaming of pursuing your undergraduate studies at Harvard University in the United States? The Harvard Arab Alumni Association (HAAA) offers an incredible opportunity through the HAAA Scholarship, which provides full funding for eligible students from Arab countries.
Arab students who are interested in pursuing undergraduate studies at Harvard University in the United States are encouraged to apply for the HAAA Scholarship. To further its objective of increasing the number of Arab students at Harvard, the Harvard Arab Alumni Association (HAAA) established the HAAA Scholarship Fund in 2010, the first of its type at Harvard.
Currently, only a very small percentage of Harvard’s student body comes from the Arab world; in 2013, 118 students from Arab countries attended Harvard across all of its colleges and degree programmes, making up less than 2% of the university’s 4,000 international students.
The target is to generate $10 million to assist Arab students admitted to any Harvard School who are in financial need.
- Level of Study: Undergraduate
- Institution(s): Harvard University, USA
- Study Location: USA
- Program Period: Varies according to the program (Full-time degree program)
- Application Deadline: Admission Deadline
Scholarship Coverage for HAAA Scholarship
The HAAA Scholarship is a prestigious and fully-funded opportunity designed to empower students from select Arab countries to pursue their undergraduate studies at Harvard University in the USA. This comprehensive scholarship provides the following substantial benefits:
- Full Tuition Coverage: The scholarship covers the entire cost of tuition for the duration of your undergraduate program at Harvard University.
- Living Expenses: In addition to tuition, the HAAA Scholarship offers financial support for living expenses, ensuring that you can comfortably focus on your academic pursuits.
- Travel Allowance: Eligible scholars may receive a travel allowance to facilitate their journey to Harvard University, making the transition to studying in the USA more accessible.
- Health Insurance: The scholarship includes health insurance coverage, ensuring that your well-being is a top priority during your time at Harvard.
- Academic Support: Recipients of the HAAA Scholarship benefit from academic guidance and mentorship, enhancing their educational experience at Harvard University.
- Cultural and Networking Opportunities: Scholars have the opportunity to engage in cultural exchange and networking activities organized by the Harvard Arab Alumni Association, fostering a sense of community and global perspectives.
- Career Development: The scholarship program may also provide career development support, helping you prepare for future professional endeavors.
Eligibility Criteria for HAAA Scholarship
To be considered for the HAAA Scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria established by the Harvard Arab Alumni Association:
- Language Requirement: Proficiency in English is required.
- Eligible Countries: Applicants must be residents or nationals of Arab countries, including Egypt, Syria, Iraq, Palestine, Jordan, Lebanon, Tunisia, Algeria, Morocco, Sudan, Libya, Saudi Arabia, Emirates, Kuwait, Qatar, Bahrain, Oman, Yemen, Somalia, Djibouti, Mauritania, and Comoros.
- Admission to Harvard: Candidates must have received an acceptance offer from Harvard University for a full-time degree program at one of its schools, such as the College, Law School, Business School, or Kennedy School.
- Financial Need: Applicants must demonstrate financial need, as determined by Harvard University’s general scholarship criteria.
- Preference for Arab Education: Priority will be given to students who have previously obtained a degree (e.g., high school or college) from an educational institution in an Arab country.
How to Apply for The HAAA Scholarship?
Applying for the HAAA Scholarship is a straightforward process:
- Apply to Harvard University: Start by applying to your desired school at Harvard University. Only after receiving an acceptance offer from Harvard should you proceed to the next step.
- Submission by Financial Officer: Your school’s financial officer will submit your application to the Harvard Committee on General Scholarships, which will make the final selection for the scholarship award. There’s no need for you to submit a separate application to the HAAA.
Don’t miss out on this life-changing opportunity to study at one of the world’s most prestigious institutions.
For More Scholarships in USA:Scholarships in USA
For Scholarships in Canada: Scholarships in Canada