Clarendon Scholarship Overview
Start your educational journey in the UK. happy news The Clarendon Scholarship is open right now. We shall go into great detail about this scholarship in this article, including its application advantages and detailed application instructions.
An entirely financed scholarship, the Clarendon Scholarship 2024–2025, is available to international students at the University of Oxford. This award is available for graduate and doctoral study. The complete cost of tuition and a stipend of at least £15,009 per year are covered by this scholarship.
One of the biggest schemes, Clarendon offers the University over 140 new scholarships each year. The Clarendon Scholarship is a highly coveted, competitive, and esteemed award.
Oxford’s graduate classes are of a high standard and are smaller than those in many other countries, which helps you advance professionally quickly. Our graduate research strategy places a strong emphasis on your ability to work independently while being supported by a top-notch intellectual community. The majority of Clarendon faculty members are working together to earn a DPhil, the Oxford term for a PhD. Additionally, scholarships are given for two-year degrees (like the MPhil or BPhil) as well as one-year degrees (like the MSc, MSt, MBA, or MFE).
Applications are evaluated using the following standards:
- Academic standing.
- Aptitude for the suggested educational path.
- Students’ drive.
Level of Study:
Masters, PhD (DPhil)
University of Oxford, United Kingdom
The Clarendon Scholarship is open to candidates applying for new master’s or DPhil courses across all subject areas. The scholarship aligns with the January admissions deadline and supports scholars pursuing various fields of study.
Varies based on the chosen course duration.
December or January, 2024 (Check course admission deadlines for specific dates)
The Clarendon Scholarship provides recipients with the following benefits:
- Full coverage of tuition and college fees
- Generous annual grant for living costs (at least £15,009 for full-time scholars in 2024-25)
- Study support grant for part-time scholars (at least £2,502 for DPhil and at least £5,003 for Master’s in 2024-25)
- Scholarships typically cover the full tuition fee payment period
To be eligible for the Clarendon Scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Proficiency in English
- Open to applicants from all countries
- All applicants for graduate study at the University of Oxford are eligible
- All degree-bearing courses at the graduate level are eligible
- Postgraduate Certificate or Diploma courses are not eligible
- No specific preference for subject area; Clarendon supports scholars across the University
- Candidates applying for new master’s or DPhil courses are eligible (including DPhil after completing a master’s)
- Deferred offer holders for 2024-25 and current students continuing the same degree at Oxford are not eligible
Follow these steps to apply for the Clarendon Scholarship:
- Apply by the relevant January deadline for your chosen course.
- Your application to the course will be assessed by academics in your field of study for academic quality and suitability.
- The department will finalize your graduate placement decision and nominate candidates for Clarendon scholarship based on selection criteria.
- Academic divisions and the Department for Continuing Education meet in February or March to review departmental scholarship nominations.
- Shortlisted candidates within the division are considered for Clarendon Scholarship based on academic merit and potential.
- Successful applicants will be contacted by the Clarendon Fund Administrator with a scholarship offer letter.
- If offered and accepted, your funding is secured based on your offer conditions to study at Oxford.
- Partnership Awards are matched to scholars in April and May based on award requirements.
- Unique funding packages and college placements are confirmed for each scholar.
- Successful Clarendon candidates are notified by email by early April (unsuccessful candidates will not be contacted).
The Clarendon Scholarship at the University of Oxford is your ticket to unparalleled academic pursuits. With its extensive coverage and esteemed recognition, this scholarship opens doors to excellence in Masters and DPhil studies. For detailed application information and timelines, visit the official scholarship website. Elevate your academic journey at Oxford University.
For more Scholarships in the UK:
For Scholarships in Australia: