Gates Cambridge Scholarships
Gates Cambridge Scholarships Overview
Gates Cambridge Scholarships, known for their prestige worldwide, offer exceptional opportunities for international students. These scholarships are designed for outstanding individuals from non-UK countries who wish to pursue full-time postgraduate studies in various subjects at the esteemed University of Cambridge.
University of Cambridge, United Kingdom
University of Cambridge
The University of Cambridge, often referred to simply as Cambridge, is one of the oldest and most prestigious universities in the world. Located in Cambridge, England, it was founded in 1209 and has a rich history of academic excellence and groundbreaking research.
Cambridge is renowned for its exceptional academic standards and has consistently ranked among the top universities globally. It offers a wide range of undergraduate and postgraduate programs across various disciplines, including arts, humanities, sciences, engineering, and social sciences.
Degree Levels and Fields:
- PhD (full-time or part-time*)
- MLitt (full-time)
- One-year postgraduate courses (full-time), with some exceptions as listed below
The following courses are not eligible for Gates Cambridge Scholarships:
- Undergraduate degrees (e.g., BA and BA affiliated)
- Business Doctorate (BusD)
- Master of Business (MBA)
- Master of Finance (MFin)
- MASt courses
- MBBChir Clinical Studies
- MD Doctor of Medicine degree (6 years, part-time)
- Graduate Course in Medicine (A101)
- Part-time degrees
- Non-degree courses
Number of Awards:
Approximately 80 scholarships are granted each year.
Citizens of any country outside the United Kingdom.
Apply by October 11, 2023
The Gates Cambridge Scholarship offers comprehensive coverage for studying at Cambridge, including:
- Tuition fees
- Maintenance allowance (£20,000 for 12 months at the 2023-24 rate; adjusted for courses shorter than 12 months)
- Up to 4 years of funding for PhD scholars
- Economy single airfare at the start and end of the course
- Inbound visa costs
- Immigration Health Surcharge
- Additional discretionary funding for academic development, family allowance, fieldwork, etc.
To be eligible for a Gates Cambridge Scholarship, you must meet the following criteria:
- Citizenship outside the United Kingdom
- Application for one of the following full-time residential courses: PhD (full-time or part-time*), MSc, MLitt (full-time), or a one-year full-time postgraduate course (with exceptions)
Part-Time Doctoral Degree Pilot Scheme:
Starting from October 2024 entry, Gates Cambridge is experimenting with a scheme allowing applicants to seek funding for a part-time doctoral degree.
- Applications open on September 4, 2023.
- Applicants must apply for admission and funding through the University’s Graduate Application Portal.
- Complete the section for course admission and the Gates Cambridge funding section.
- Two application deadlines: October 11, 2023 (for US citizens residing in the USA) and either December 5, 2023, or January 4, 2024, depending on the course.
- Detailed application instructions are available on the official website.
Don’t miss this exceptional opportunity to study at the University of Cambridge with the support of the Gates Cambridge Scholarship. Apply by the upcoming deadlines for your chance to receive world-class education and financial support. For further information and application details, visit the official Gates Cambridge Scholarships website.
For more Scholarships in the UK:
For Scholarships in Australia: