Oxford Centre for Islamic Studies Scholarships
Oxford Centre for Islamic Studies Scholarships Overview
Start your educational journey in the UK. happy news Scholarships at the Oxford Centre for Islamic Studies (OCIS) are available right now. We will go into great detail regarding the OCIS Scholarship in this article, along with its advantages and step-by-step instructions for applying.
For international students, the Oxford Centre for Islamic Studies (OCIS) Scholarships 2024–2025 are completely financed. Only master’s degrees are eligible for these scholarships. This scholarship provides £15,609 in living expenses assistance and covers all of the course fees.
The Oxford Centre for Islamic Studies established these scholarships to enable graduates to pursue education beneficial to the Muslim world.
The University of Oxford recognizes the Oxford Centre for Islamic Studies as an independent, recognized centre. It was founded in 1985 to promote academic research on Islam and the Islamic world. The Center serves as a hub for interaction between the Western and Islamic academic communities.
It supports the interdisciplinary and transdisciplinary study of the Islamic world at Oxford. Beyond Oxford, a global network of academic relationships strengthens its function. Please visit the Oxford Centre for Islamic Studies website for additional details.
Level of Study:
University of Oxford
All full-time Master’s and DPhil (PhD) courses
According to the duration of the chosen program
January 2024 (Relevant December/January deadline for your course)Scholarship Coverage
The OCIS Scholarships provide recipients with an impressive array of benefits:
- 100% coverage of course fees
- A grant for living costs (at least £15,285)
To be eligible for OCIS Scholarships, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Language Proficiency: Proficiency in English.
- Eligible Countries: Applicants must belong to one of the following categories:
- Be ordinarily resident in the United Kingdom and from a Muslim community (with preference given to those from financially disadvantaged households), or
- Be a national of, and ordinarily resident in, one of the listed countries in Asia and Africa (see list below).
- Applicants must be applying to start a new full-time Master’s or DPhil course at the University of Oxford.
- Intention to return to your country of ordinary residence upon course completion.
- Scholarships will be awarded based on academic merit.
- Applicants should intend to study a field derived from or relevant to the Islamic tradition or a field of relevance and benefit to the Muslim world.
- This scholarship is not applicable to candidates applying for postgraduate certificate or postgraduate diploma courses, part-time courses, or non-matriculated courses.
- Candidates holding deferred offers for the 2024-25 academic year will not be considered for this scholarship.
To apply for OCIS Scholarships, follow these steps:
- Course Application: Submit your application for graduate study at the University of Oxford by the relevant January 2022 deadline. Choose your specific course from the [course list](link to course list).
- Online Application: Click on “apply” for your chosen full-time course, create a new account, and provide the required documents.
- Upload OCIS Supporting Statement: Upload the OCIS Supporting Statement [here](link to the statement upload page).
- Each course has a specific statement of purpose form.
- Each course requires specific language proficiency scores (TOEFL iBT, IELTS Academic).
- Each course has its own application deadline.
- To be eligible for scholarship consideration, applicants must receive an offer of admission for their course by the relevant January deadline. Applications held over for evaluation in March or placed on a waiting list are not eligible for scholarships.
Explore the remarkable opportunities presented by the Oxford Centre for Islamic Studies Scholarships and embark on a journey of academic excellence at the University of Oxford. Don’t miss this chance to pursue your Master’s or PhD studies with prestigious financial support.
For more Scholarships in the UK:
For Scholarships in Australia: