There are £13,000 per year scholarships available. These scholarships must be used towards the cost of tuition fees for a qualifying course in the School for Policy Studies.
You can apply if you:
- have applied to start one of the qualifying courses in September 2023
- are classed as overseas students for fee purposes.
Apply using the international scholarships online application form. You can find more details about this form in ourguidance on how to apply for international scholarships.
Guidance for completing the application form
There are two application forms: one for postgraduate applicants and one for undergraduate applicants. Make sure you fill out the relevant form.
There is no save function, so you will need to complete the application form in one session. Once you select ‘submit’ this is final, and you will not be able to make any changes.
You will receive an email to confirm we have received your application. If you do not receive this, make sure to check your junk or spam folder.
If you are completing the form on a smartphone you may need to turn your phone to landscape to see all the text.
To help you prepare, we have outlined the information you will need below.
Personal details and application information
You will need to provide:
- your UCAS ID (if you’re an undergraduate student), Student ID (if you’re a postgraduate student or if you’ve applied through the Global Transfer Programme), or Kaplan ID (if you’re a KICL student)
- the course or program of study you’ve already applied to (you must have applied to a course or program to be eligible for scholarship opportunities).
- your name
- your email address (this is how we will communicate with you, so make sure it’s accurate and you have access to it throughout the year)
- your nationality
- your permanent country of residence (this is the country you are ordinarily resident in, not a country that you are only living in for the purpose of full-time education)
- your current or most recent educational institution
- details of any other funding you have applied for or are due to receive.
There are three questions that you will need to complete. The maximum word count for each question is 200 words and each question is worth 10 marks.
The questions are different for undergraduate and postgraduate applicants. Make sure that you have selected the correct level of study to answer the relevant questions for your application. Applicants who have not responded to the correct questions will not be considered.
The questions are:
‘1. We are looking to support the brightest and best individuals who will actively contribute to the development of their nation in the future. Describe any special attributes or accomplishments that you think make you deserving of a scholarship.’
This could be any academic or extracurricular achievements, as well as your reasons for applying for a scholarship.
‘2. We are looking for scholars who will be great ambassadors for the University. Give an example of when you have recently contributed to your community.’
This could be your school or university, where you live, or any other community you feel a part of.
‘3. We would like to support students who have clear goals for their future. Explain how studying your chosen program at the University of Bristol helps you to ‘Think Big’ and shape your plans after graduation.’
Explain what has attracted you to study at the University of Bristol, as well as outline your ultimate career goals.
Data statement and scholarship terms and conditions
This section outlines how the personal information we collect from you will be used. We also provide a link to the scholarship terms and conditions for you to read and familiarise yourself with.
Scholarships covered by this application process
By completing the application form, you will be considered for all the following scholarships and bursaries that you are eligible for. More scholarships for 2023 entry will be added in late autumn 2022.
Successful applicants will be contacted on or before 21 May 2023.
Unsuccessful applicants will be notified shortly after.
If you apply for this scholarship, you will also automatically be considered for theThink Big postgraduate scholarship. You do not need to submit two separate applications.
The application process is the same for all University of Bristol international scholarships to the terms and conditions and frequently asked questions are also the same.
Applications will close at 10 AM (UK time) on Monday 24 April 2023.