University of Otago Doctoral Scholarships
University of Otago Doctoral Scholarships Overview
Attend school in New Zealand. happy news Doctoral Scholarships at the University of Otago are currently available. We will go into great detail regarding this scholarship in this article, along with its advantages and step-by-step instructions for applying.
For international students pursuing a PhD, the University of Otago Doctoral award 2024–2025 is a fully supported award. A stipend of NZ$30,696 each year together with a 36-month waiver of domestic tuition fees are included in this award.
On the Senate’s suggestion, the University Council of the University of Otago grants doctoral scholarships to candidates enrolling in a programme of supervised PhD study there. These scholarships are often only offered to individuals pursuing their first doctoral degree. Only one fully funded University of Otago PhD scholarship is available to candidates.
Candidates pursuing PhD degrees in any of the fields offered by the University of Otago are eligible for the doctoral scholarship. However, in order to accept the offer and the scholarship at the university, the candidates must fulfil all qualifying requirements.
- Level of Study: PhD (Doctoral), Professional Doctorates (DClinDent, DMA, DBA, EdD)
- Institution: University of Otago
- Study Location: New Zealand
- Courses Offered: Explore the courses
- Program Duration: One year
- Number of Scholarships Offered: Up to 180 annually
- Application Deadline: Ongoing (Applications can be submitted anytime)
University of Otago Doctoral Scholarships provide comprehensive support, including:
- A generous stipend of NZ$30,696 per annum.
- Domestic tuition fees waiver for 36 months (excluding student services fees and insurance) for PhD candidates.
- For Professional Doctorates (DClinDent, DMA, DBA, EdD), a stipend of NZ$30,696 per annum and a tuition fee waiver for up to 36 months, capped at the domestic rate (excluding student services fees and insurance).
To be eligible for Scholarships, candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Required Language: Proficiency in English.
- Eligible Countries: Open to applicants from all countries worldwide.
- Candidates must hold a Master’s degree obtained through coursework and a thesis, with a focus on the grades of advanced level papers contributing to the degree and the quality of the thesis.
- For applicants with qualifications from other universities, the University will calculate a GPA score based on the most relevant papers and grades from academic transcripts.
- Demonstrated potential for research excellence or a strong research track record.
- Positive recommendations and ranking from the relevant Head of Department.
Both domestic and international candidates are eligible to apply for Scholarships. However, international students will receive the scholarship at the domestic rate.
How to Apply
Follow these straightforward steps to apply for the Doctoral Scholarships and unlock your path to doctoral success:
- Online Application: Access the eVision portal on the University of Otago’s website to apply for the Doctoral Scholarship. Upon applying for admission to your chosen program, you will receive an alert in your student portal inviting you to apply for the scholarship.
Don’t miss the opportunity to elevate your academic journey with the Doctoral Scholarships. Apply at your convenience, as applications are accepted throughout the year, and set your course for doctoral excellence in New Zealand.
For More Scholarships in UK:
For Scholarships in Australia: