University of Strathclyde is offering John Fitzsimons Memorial Scholarships. Scholarships are available to pursue undergraduate or postgraduate degree or diploma taught in the Law School at Strathclyde University. The level of any award will be between £500 and £3000, depending on circumstances and the merits of each case. The application deadline is 29th May 2015.
Participating Institute: University of Strathclyde in UK.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded within the Law School.
Degree Level: Scholarships are available to pursue undergraduate or postgraduate degree or diploma taught programmes.
Eligibility: Mature students in the Law School at Strathclyde University, or, prospective mature students applying to study in the Law School at Strathclyde University.
- Current or prospective students at Strathclyde University Law School must be of 25 years or older by the time of the deadline for submitting an application to the John Fitzsimons Memorial Fund.
- UK and non-UK residents are eligible to apply.
- Awards will be made to assist with the costs associated with study on an instructional (i.e. taught) programme taught in the Law School at either under-graduate or post-graduate level (eg LLM, MSc, LLB etc). For a full list of under-graduate and post- courses provided by the Law School.
- Current or prospective research students (e.g. PhD or MPhil) will not be eligible to apply. Current or prospective students pursuing a joint course with the Law School and another School/Department will not be eligible to apply. (Current or prospective post-graduate research students are encouraged to apply to the wide range of funding opportunities offered for study in the Law School )
- Current registered Strathclyde University UK/Home students who are experiencing financial difficulty during the course of their studies at Strathclyde should apply to a number of different resources depending on their circumstances, namely: The Discretionary Fund, The Childcare Fund and The Emergency Aid Fund.
Eligible Nationalities: UK and non-UK applicants are eligible to apply for this programme.
What does it cover: The level of any award will be between £500 and £3000, depending on circumstances and the merits of each case. Awards will be made for one academic session at a time.
Selection criteria: The Selection Committee shall have regard to:
- academic merit
- financial need in the context of personal circumstances
- evidence of strong interest in the areas of John Fitzsimons’ work namely: Criminal Law and / or Jurisprudence, and/or cognate areas
- the availability of other awards to assist with living costs and/or tuition fees.
Application Procedure: Applications should be submitted via e-mail.
Deadline: The application deadline is 29th May 2015.
Further Official Scholarship Information and Application