FRESHMEN STUDENTS: IUPUI scholarships for international students
Indiana University – Purdue University Indianapolis (IUPUI) is the premier urban campus of Indiana University and Purdue University in Indianapolis, Indiana, United States.
IUPUI USA offers several undergraduate scholarships for international students. And IUPUI scholarships for international students include many awards just for freshmen. All scholarships require full-time enrollment in the fall and spring semesters.
International students are eligible to be considered for scholarships worth up to $27,000 per year. When you apply for admission, IUPUI automatically considers you for some merit scholarships. You can also apply separately for other scholarships.
You can qualify for two types of scholarships.
- Merit scholarships: IUPUI will automatically consider you for these scholarships when you apply for admission.
- Competitive scholarships: These scholarships require you to submit a separate application.
Students are eligible for this one-time award if they:
- Meet criteria for a freshman merit scholarship
- Enroll at IUPUI in the fall term
- Submit a housing application by April 1 (international students should apply for housing by March 15)
If you take the SAT or ACT examination more than once, the highest scores will be used for scholarship consideration. Funds provided by these scholarships do not cover intensive English as a Second Language study.
Test Score Requirement:
You must submit SAT or ACT scores to be considered for merit and/or competitive scholarships. If you take these tests multiple times, submit all of your scores—we use your best scores when we determine your scholarships.
Citizens of ALL countries (EXCEPT the USA)
Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis (IUPUI), Indianapolis, Indiana; United States
Fields of study
All availableundergraduate level courses at the university
Number of awards
These awards are one-time yearly awards made to freshmen students
IUPUI’s international student scholarships range in value from $5,000 to $27,000 per year. Some merit scholarships can be combined with some competitive scholarships.
Method of Application
Interested freshmen applicants are advised to apply for admission into IUPUI.
When you apply for admission into IUPUI, the school will automatically consider you for its merit scholarships. However, if you so desire, you can also apply separately for other scholarships (the competitive scholarships).
It is important to visit the official website (link to it is below) for complete information on how to apply to this scholarship award.
To be considered for its MERIT SCHOLARSHIPS, you must Apply for Admission Before March 1 (for Fall i.e. August–December academic session); or Before October 1 (for Spring ie January–May academic session). For ALL COMPETITIVE SCHOLARSHIPS, you must Apply for Admission Before November 1 (for Fall i.e. August–December academic session).
Carefully note that for maximum scholarship consideration, apply before November 1 of previous year (for a chance at competitive scholarships, and also to be considered for the merit scholarships).
It is important to note the following:
- Apply by November 1 for maximum scholarship consideration if you plan to enroll at IUPUI in the fall term.
- You must submit SAT or ACT scores to be considered for most of these scholarships. If you take the tests multiple times, submit all of your scores. We use your best scores when we determine your scholarships.
- All scholarships require you to be enrolled full time in the fall and spring semesters (12 credit hours or more per semester).
- Scholarship funds cannot be used for intensive study of English as a Second Language.
Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis (IUPUI) in the USA, a partnership between Indiana and Purdue Universities, is Indiana’s premier urban university. It was established in 1969 as a partnership by and between Indiana and Purdue Universities, with IU as the managing partner. IUPUI offers undergraduate, graduate and professional degrees from both universities.
Application Deadline: 1 Oct / 1 Nov 2015 || 1 Mar 2016
Open to International Applicants: Yes